cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account expired? cannot renew my account

nick3768653
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent hello, i cannot sign in to my account. it has been 90 days today. i want to login to renew my account and now i think my account expired. can you please help?

31 REPLIES 31

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@nick3768653 

I feel your pain as I have been in your position. I can advise on options to possibly get your account back but no way no how can you get your $$ rewards account back. If the former interests you send me a private message.

@nick3768653 wrote:

Got a response from CS. My account is gone as are my loyalty rewards. That's the thanks I get for being a loyal customer for years! The community here is very kind to help, but the corporate company sucks that they won't make an exception for a years loyal customer. Goodbye Public! 

@nick3768653 , that’s really confusing! You said that “My last payment was May 6th.” So that would only make it 60 days after your 30 day subscription plan expires (June 5th) since your last payment! Am I wrong?

PM states in their help article “How to resume your service “ “Note that we will hold your service for up to 90 days after your subscription ends. After 90 days your account will be permanently closed ” You stated you last paid on May 6th so your 30 day subscription ended on June 5th! Therefore you start counting 90 days from June 5th!

Edit: If your last payment date was May 6th I would not give up so easily & ask to speak to a Senior CS_Agent since it has not been 90 days! No where near it! You still have your Account & old rewards! You just need to make a payment to reactivate it before September  3rd!

@nick3768653  feel bad for you missing it by 1 day  😞

nick3768653

And again, many thanks for all your kind, thoughtful, and quick response.

nick3768653

Got a response from CS. My account is gone as are my loyalty rewards. That's the thanks I get for being a loyal customer for years! The community here is very kind to help, but the corporate company sucks that they won't make an exception for a years loyal customer. Goodbye Public! 

@dust2dust wrote:

This isn't adding up. If your PAYMENT was on May 6th then you would have had service for 30 days. Then it would have suspended presumably for lack of payment. Then from that point on you would have 90 days which would take it to Sep 3. The last payment idea is actually 120 days from that date. If you called the toll free and it says not found or whatever then that last payment had to have been a month earlier.
So do you mean your plan suspended on May 6th? Then that would take it to kind of today but really at 11:59pm of the day before ie. yesterday.

It being so close, support might be able to get your number back but you'll need a new sim and you lose rewards if you had them and you'd be forced on to points.

@dust2dust , that’s what I was thinking! Are you & I the only one thinking this?

I’m bad at math but the 30 day payment plan expired on June 5th if you paid on May 6th so wouldn’t today be day 60 after suspension on June 5th from no payment made on that day, due to  @nick3768653 said  “My last payment was May 6th.

Edit: Shouldn’t May 6th - June 5th count as 30 days that were paid for & count to 90 days after that point which would be September 3rd?

@nick3768653 this could be hard, but message them today.  Look like you just missed by couple hours if anything.  So, message them and push for escalation and hope for the best

nick3768653

Mainly I care for the rewards associated with the account, I have had the account many years. If I lose the rewards, I could care less about the phone number.

nick3768653

I have msg'd support, have not received any response yet.

@nick3768653 you messaged Support?? what did they say? They might be able to assign you the phone number, but harder for the rewards 

nick3768653

Thank you to everyone who has taken time to respond. You are kind and courteous to take the time and effort to help me. It really sucks that I lost my account with all the rewards. I guess life has to go on.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This isn't adding up. If your PAYMENT was on May 6th then you would have had service for 30 days. Then it would have suspended presumably for lack of payment. Then from that point on you would have 90 days which would take it to Sep 3. The last payment idea is actually 120 days from that date. If you called the toll free and it says not found or whatever then that last payment had to have been a month earlier.
So do you mean your plan suspended on May 6th? Then that would take it to kind of today but really at 11:59pm of the day before ie. yesterday.

It being so close, support might be able to get your number back but you'll need a new sim and you lose rewards if you had them and you'd be forced on to points.

nick3768653

i guess Day 1 starts from the date of purchase and is not Day 0... my fault

nick3768653

thank you, i'm trying that right now

nick3768653

i really honestly meant to renew on day 88, i must have put the entry in my calendar wrong... completely my fault

HI @nick3768653 

oh, account closed already

did you get the number from PM or you ported in your phone number? trying to see how you can at least get the number back

@nick3768653 

It sounds like you waited too long. Alway renewal on the 88th day to give you 2 days of buffer.

@nick3768653 

If you last payment was My 6, today is actually Day 91.  Your cycle ended last night

Don't wait , message support now here, hopefully they can still do something

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nick3768653 

I would suggest you purchase an online voucher from recharge.com and pay by 1-855-4PUBLIC or login to your account and pay.

nick3768653

when I call the 855 number,  the system cannot find my number. so i guess my account was closed?

My last payment was May 6th. today is 90 days ... so basically the account expires after 89 days, not after 90 days?? this is very frustrating.

@nick3768653 wrote:

thank you all for your super quick responses, i will try the toll free support number. it happens i'm in mexico now and cannot use 611 because i have no service here. also the eversafe ID was a surprise, but yes i managed to get a 2FA to my email.

@nick3768653 

you can still call 1.855.4PUBLIC

Download VoIP app TextNow and you can call the number for free

In fact, you can also make the payment via there if you know the 4 digits account PIN

nick3768653

today it has been 90 days since my last top up.

@nick3768653 wrote:

i shouldd clarify, todday is day 90

@nick3768653 

if you call 1.855.4PUBLIC , enter 1 for English, then your phone number, can the system locate your account?

If so, you still have time.  Buy a voucher from SDM/London Drug/711/Shell and load the voucher using 1.855.4PUBLIC or *611 

if the system cannot locate your account, then the account would have been closed ( you missed day 90).  But there is a chance PM can help to give you back the phone number, except you have to activate a new sim card with a new account

Tell us how it turns out

nick3768653

thank you all for your super quick responses, i will try the toll free support number. it happens i'm in mexico now and cannot use 611 because i have no service here. also the eversafe ID was a surprise, but yes i managed to get a 2FA to my email.

HI @nick3768653 

then get a voucher to resume service first, deal with access later

nick3768653

i shouldd clarify, todday is day 90

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@nick3768653 Call # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device and see if public can find your account. If so, maybe you can quickly obtain a voucher and get it activated asap.

Obtaining a voucher to make a payment through 611,  see here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?q=vouchers

Locations to obtain some vouchers found here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@nick3768653 

dial 611 with your cell to confirm you still have an account. You can get payment vouchers at Shell Gas or Walmart, then dial 611 again to add them to your account. If your account has Suspended for more than 89 days...it's been deactivated at day 90...you'd need a new sim to start a whole new account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @nick3768653 

you can submit a ticket with PM agent if you have trouble with the payment:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

But you can also resume the service first.  Get a voucher from Shoppers durg mart and load the voucher using *611

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@nick3768653  If it’s been 90 days since last payment today . Your really down to the wire you need to try and *611 if you remember the 4 digit PIN code or get vouchers and load them *611 no pin needed or get into your my account and try to make payment or it’s gone for good 

Need Help? Let's chat.