Did you mean: 

Wrong subscription

MikeF72
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a plan that only works in Quebec    and I'm in ontario

7 REPLIES 7

Stonechucker1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've often thought that I should try purchasing a plan out of province but it doesn't really matter as the tax is going to be applied to whatever province the credit card is registered for. You might get lucky once or twice on your renewals of the Quebec plan but I really don't see that being an issue as you can travel anywhere in Canada and if you get the right plan the US and you can renew your plan at any time you need to with the credit card on file. 

Plans are not made to work you know anyone province, as all plans now have Canada wide calling for better. It's not like the older plans which were designed with only problems-wide calling which was in of itself a bit of a Miss description as it was able to be used in whatever province you were in and receive calls from any province or anywhere else in Canada and the world.

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@MikeF72 wrote:

If you're in Ontario, can you call and text anyone ? If you can, you're good to go.

Hey @hairbag1 I'm kind of curious. If it is a plan meant to be used in Quebec and he's in Ontario... if the system or PM see this, won't they cancel his plan saying that his plan requires him to be in Quebec a certain % of the time? Just wondering. 🙂

Good questions. I'd think that as long as the plan was successfully activated to his account, he could use it anywhere the terms of that plan dictate.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@MikeF72   If you're looking at the Offer Details and saw this "⁺This plan is for Quebec residents only and intended for use in Quebec" it has a + in front of it which means it only applies if there is a + shown on the plan.  I know this has caused confusion before, could this be the case?  None of the plans shown for Ontario have a + sign.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@MikeF72 wrote:

If you're in Ontario, can you call and text anyone ? If you can, you're good to go.

Hey @hairbag1 I'm kind of curious. If it is a plan meant to be used in Quebec and he's in Ontario... if the system or PM see this, won't they cancel his plan saying that his plan requires him to be in Quebec a certain % of the time? Just wondering. 🙂

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MikeF72 wrote:

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MikeF72 what plan you have?? Can you login My Account and check the plan details to confirm??

Most Quebec plans will work Canada wide too. PM has only offered Quebec only plan for very short period of time.  Even Quebec only plans include Canada wide data

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @MikeF72 

Please reach out to customer service and get it fixed.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1716225936813.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

Need Help? Let's chat.