cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help transferring to another provider

Gilang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not receiving the text message from PM asking me to approve the transfer. However, I am receiving allost immediately after a transfer request an email from the new provider saying the number cannot be transfered. I have transferred my spouses number without a problem. Any ideas? 

10 REPLIES 10

Like I said, you'll need to create a ticket to get this resolved and sadly, it may take a few days to hear back from PM.

Gilang

Yeah! I they have tried both and both come back as incorrect but the information has been verified as accurate. Weird situation which I hope can ge fixed today. Wish I could talk to someone lol probably a 5 min thing to look into.

@Gilang   If the new provider is anything like PM using the IMEI number tends to cause problems, using the account number is more reliable.  

Gilang

Yes, the numbers are almost identical. Same area code and same prefix.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Gilang   Are the area code and next 3 digits the same for both your phones?

Gilang

Hi, yes the account is still active. I usually leave it to the transfer process to cancel the account with the old provider.

Hey @Gilang Please create a ticket to reach customer service so they can release your phone number.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1716226284657.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

Gilang

Hi, the new provider is claiming incorrect account number or IMEI number. I have provided that information 3 times and made sure it is accurate. I was able to transfer my spouses account without any problems. I know the information I am providing is accurate. Now, they’re asking me to contact PM to lookninto on their end. Possibly because I’m also not receiving the text message asking to approve the change. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Gilang 

Just wondering, is your account still active? That might be the reason. If it's not active, it won't transfer and you may be required to start it again just to port it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gilang since you got the message about unable to transfer from your new carrier,  you need to contact them first and understand what was the problem

Need Help? Let's chat.