cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling

Hemigran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I add WiFi calling to my cell phone with Public Mobile?

13 REPLIES 13

@Frank_M since your son using it, can you ask him to confirm if Wifi Calling indeed available??

Yes, I also found the 911 help articles on the sites. But nowhere else on both sites indicates plans include Wifi Calling.  Instead, I found multiple user reviews mentioned they don't have Wifi calling, unable to use ir.  Would be nice if you have have a screenshot from your son to confirm 

Frank_M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Screenshot (4).png

Frank_M

Screenshot (3).png

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Hemigran 

Public mobile does not have Wi-Fi calling enabled. 

One workaround is to download TextNow and create a TextNow telephone number. You can then conditionally call forward your PM number to TextNow.  You can make it so that anybody that calls your PM number will cause your PM phone to ring a certain number of seconds. If you are in an area with a good cell signal, you can just pick up the call. However,  if you don't answer the call (e.g. in a weak signal area), the call will then call forward to your textnow number which would allow you to receive the call using Wi-Fi.  To make an outgoing call, you can use your PM number if you have a good cell signal. If you have a lousy cell signal and you wish to use Wi-Fi, just call out from TextNow. Good luck.

EB0

As far as I know beside the big tire 1 provides, only Freedom mobile prepaid and post paid has WiFI calling. 

HI @Frank_M 

From what I know, PC Mobile does not have Wifi Calling.  

Many on RFD confirmed that.  Some people said they had wifi calling with PC, but people thinks it was only those old plan that are still under Telus.  But current new subscriptions do not have Wifi calling.  So, NoName will be NoWifiCalling 🙂

Frank_M

My son moved his account to PCMobile because he cant get a signal in school and PCMobile has Wifi calling as a 3rd tier provider

If PC has it that means NoName Mobile and possibly others have it as 3rd tier providers.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hemigran 

Unfortunately, PM doesn’t offer wifi calling at this time but you can use WhatsApp with your PM number through wifi but both parties must have WhatsApp.

@magical1 wrote:

I wish they would offer wifi calling just to fix the dropped calls, would be a nice feature to fix their crap network. 

You could also download the free voip app such as TextNow which uses your wifi or data to make / rec calls and SMS's for free.

magical1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wish they would offer wifi calling just to fix the dropped calls, would be a nice feature to fix their crap network. 

AK32

I dont believe this is offered by Public Mobile, one workaround if you have an iPhone or iPad is to use facetime, you can do video or voice calls over Wifi, but the person you are speaking to will also need an iOS device.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello there @Hemigran 

At this time, WiFi calling is only offered by the 1st and 2nd tier services like Telus and Koodo. Public Mobile being a 3rd tier service, does not offer WiFi calling....  at this time. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Hemigran   Public Mobile does not offer wifi calling.   A workaround is to download a free voip app and use that instead but it would have a different phone number.  Something like Fongo or TextNow.

Need Help? Let's chat.