cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why you increased my plan price without telling me?

d8yan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am very upset that public has increased  my plan without telling me. I have been using the $10 auto pay plan for years. Now you suddenly increased the price to $13 without notifying me. You charged me extra $1.5 for 50 mins and extra $1.5 for 50 text. Are you serious? You don’t have such plan on your website! How can you do that? I need you pay back my money. Hey guys you must watch your auto payment!

edited by computergeek541:  screenshots removed as they contain account information 

26 REPLIES 26

HI @TorMan   They could have sent you text and email, check it again.

If you really not getting any, push them for some compensation.  Remember to tell us what they offer, we would like to know, too

TorMan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same issue. No notification received. Submitted ticket. What response members are getting on this?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

I can confirm that there are a lot of customers who were not notified. There will be certain percentage informed via an autopay failure glitch as we have had a few already.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

Mustafar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just like there's no reason to get upset about the price hike yeyeye 

@computergeek541 wrote:
terms of service: removed vulgar post

It is helpful to know why some posts are removed.

There is no place here for foul language and no reason to get upset.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@d8yan  you don't come here a lot, was a hot topic for 2 months.  I got the text.  No happy but what can you do.

Check your 611, if you really never receive the sms, confront them. 

@darlicious wrote:

@d8yan 

Not all $10 plan holders were notified of the $3 price hike. You can make a complaint to pm customer support followed by a CCTS complaint if it is not resolved.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit account pin #.

HI @darlicious   I thought PM tired text and email all the affected users. That's not good.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@d8yan 

Not all $10 plan holders were notified of the $3 price hike. You can make a complaint to pm customer support followed by a CCTS complaint if it is not resolved.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit account pin #.

14ALL41

@d8yan wrote:

I am very upset

I am sure you upset with gas prices, food prices, stocks down, etc. Just life...

PM want you to switch to better $15 plan.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@d8yan    I think you inadvertently selected the wrong post for a solution as that post doesn't answer your original question, however, one of the earlier posts does provide an answer, so click the downward arrow on solution post and then undo the solution and then you can select a more relevant post as the solution to your question.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@d8yan wrote:

I didn’t see “upload an image” option under avatar. Is that because I used a phone? Thanks.

Try switching to 'desktop mode' and scroll down after clicking on your avatar, top right. And when you get there, click on View All; hoovering over a picture(s) little X will appear. That is for 'delete'.

d8yan

Thanks! I found the images. It works for the phone too. Thanks for the help!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@d8yan    It's possible as I'm using a desktop so there maybe differences in what is displayed, however, to clarify when your right click your avatar, you selected My Profile and then scrolled down the page for Upload an Image option and you don't see it there?

d8yan

I didn’t see “upload an image” option under avatar. Is that because I used a phone? Thanks.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Message regarding increase has been sent a while ago through all kind of means of communication. Even Community was heated hot with discussion.

So I do not see that as surprise...

Yes, it is unpleasant event but I doubt PM ever said they will Not raise prices nor you signed any contract guarantee you $10 for life.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@d8yan   Click your avatar and scroll down the page to "upload an image" and then select the images to delete from album or all images options.

@d8yan   Sorry, should have added to select My Profile from your avatar options.

d8yan

Hi, thanks for deleting that for me. But I didn’t see it anywhere in my post, where should I delete them? Thanks.

@computergeek541 

Thanks for the quick action.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@d8yan 

Please remove your telephone and account number on your screenshot as we are all PM customers and not PM staff.

Apparently, the $10 plan was increased to $13 on the beginning of February near the start of the new Points system.

I would suggest you private message @darlicious a PM member was looking at petition to the CTRC.

@d8yan 

I have removed the picture from this message thread but you'll still need to delete them from your Community account.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@d8yan   Use the downward arrow on your post to edit/delete any personal information from your screenshot.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@d8yan 

Please remove your telephone and account number on your screenshot as we are all PM customers and not PM staff.

I am aware that notice was sent out to PM members of the increase.

Apparently, the $10 plan was increased to $13 on the beginning of February near the start of the new Points system.

I would suggest you private message @darlicious a PM member was looking at petition to the CCTS.

@dust2dust   Hmm...that is a weird breakdown of the price increase.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

lol I've yet to see the new renewal. Thanks for including that. What a laugh.

Some people got emails. Some got texts. Some got nothing. If you block emails or texts from here then of course you won't get them.

If you think a 30% increase is unjustified then go through the CCTS. This increase effectively claws back the loyalty reward that you've earned turning it into a new reward of 2 years for 2 years. No longer a 5 year loyalty for those on this plan.

Some would argue that at least they could've added something for the $3. They didn't. It's just a greedy price gouge for nothing.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately there has been notification and furthermore a lot of posting among the community due to the increase. Although even though there has been previous notification, definitely not a welcome change as a 30% increase is quite frustrating for sure.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@d8yan   Sadly the grandfathered $10 plan has had a price increase of $3 (30%) effective 28th April.  Email/texts messages were sent to customers a couple of months ago advising of the price increase and like you, most of us just as upset at the rate of increase.

You can submit a ticket to customer support to complain about the lack of notice and the increase in price of a basic plan.  Here's a link to submit a ticket via chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.