cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant log into account phone got stolen.

Shyleana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi o need my phone number to access my email to change my password. I cannot get into my account and im having a hard time setting up a new sim card with my phone number. Please help

4 REPLIES 4

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Shyleana  "need my phone number to access my email". 

If you have set up 2FA authentication for accessing your email, I suggest you use a method that does not rely on sending your phone an SMS; try email or another phone number. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Shyleana  - do you have access to another source/device to access your email other than on your phone device, like a PC, laptop, through web browsers, email clients, etc.?

If so, try using the Forgot your password option to reset your password.

Then once in your self serve, see "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

If you have never registered for your self serve account, or you still cannot access your email other than on your lost phone, then the only way to SWAP your SIM card at this point is with CSA's help, so see @computergeek541 link to submit a ticket with them to help.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Once the CSA sorts that out for you and you get I to your self serve you can see the steps in a few threads below on how to properly get the new sim in your phone. Just a simple transfer and not a new activation. 

@Shyleana wrote:

Hi o need my phone number to access my email to change my password. I cannot get into my account and im having a hard time setting up a new sim card with my phone number. Please help

Are you saying that you can't perform that password reset because you can only check your e-mail messages from your phone?  If so, you'll need to contact a Public Mobile customer support agent for help. If you go to https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html , you can then type in something such as "forgot security question answer" to get help from them.

Need Help? Let's chat.