cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the complaints against PM Customer Service Reps?

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Over the past few years on the few occasions when required to open a CS ticket my problems were always very quickly resolved. Again yesterday I opened a case regarding the early last December refer a friend bonus cash offer that was not applied, -------and within a few hours CS agent resolved my problem and even added additional bonus to my account for my inconvenience.

As a saying goes "get more with sugar than vinegar". We have to realize that CS agents are there to help and not to antagonize us. They do their best with what is within their power.  Also we have to realize that at times what is asked from them is not reasonable or possible. 

12 REPLIES 12

Tsawwassen

It was made clear to me that if I accept the $25 I would not get the $5/month for 5 months.

Tsawwassen

A bit long but reasonable criticism ----- so at first glance it seems that customer satisfaction may depend on the CS agent and a bit of luck. 

However, CS agents do not have unlimited power to give credits and adjustments – and before they do they must in turn escalate the problem by submitting a new ticket to their team.

PS

Also, there are different mindsets – some personalities think it reasonable to draw persons back – as to it’s unfair that someone has more than I so let’s take it away from them – While others may say hey this person has more than I -- I also want and deserve  more.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen 

Up until this past year basically starting with the May RAF I would say 95% of my customer support was excellent. Given the amount of accounts I manage (who rarely if ever have had an issue) its only been the new ones this year and my one glitchy account (its always been glitchy), the bf's because of the amount of times he's lost his phone and my community account's glitches I have had many more customer support interactions than most.

So to average one bad encounter for every twenty is pretty dang good! But to suddenly start having that percentage drop to 50% or less is unacceptable. You shouldn't have to argue after presenting all of the evidence and documentation with a CSA who hasn't been trained properly, refuses to consult pm or a supervisor or policy or promotional literature but rather decide to defend their opinion and look out for themselves rather than the customer is a dereliction of their duty.

Considering that your most recent experience could be based on the nearly 5 months I spent patiently inquiring on when the $5×5 month credits were going to be "automatically" applied? When finally two weeks remained for the final fifth $5 payment to be applied and no payment of the credit had yet to appear for the 4 affected accounts that's when I demanded the entire $25 credit be applied to all of the affected accounts. (Only to have the same thing repeat itself except that several agents in a row backing up the initial agents misinformation and lies created an entirely larger issue beyond the missed automatic application of a $5 credit?)

Having the entire credit applied is seemingly the resolution you have just benefitted from with the November/December RAF being applied. What I do question is why it was applied at all? Seeing as this being that last full week of January and no other recipient of this RAF promo has had their credit applied yet? I strongly suspect that's because this Friday is the scheduled "across the board"  application day for the first of the $5×5 months credit as per the promotions terms and conditions.

So while beneficial for you the CSA jumped the gun and further compensated you for being impatient and not waiting for the credit to be applied like everybody else has that is eligible for it? Does this also mean you will double benefit from this promotion because you will also recieve the first $5×5 month credit on Friday with everyone else?

This in itself is a problem with customer support not taking the time to reference the promotion in question and read the terms and conditions. From the provider's stand point they have lost money for compensating a customer that didn't need to be compensated which in turn makes it more difficult for those who are seeking just their original deserved credit to get it resolved.

This is how its easy for customer support interactions to go south.....? What was a good customer support resolution for you by the same lack of training, knowledge and resourcefulness of the agent can turn into the very opposite.....a hair pulling, frustratingly bad experience with no resolution for weeks or even months if at all? That's why you have complaints against customer service reps.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tsawwassen wrote:

“PM has had their pricing advantage eroded” seriously can you advise of any other provider that offers a complete basic $15 plan that immediately offers 3X points back that results in a $12.75 plan before adding any other perks. A plan that for $12.75 offers 250 mb data, 100 long distance minutes, unlimited texting that includes Picture Messaging.

I was thinking about the $30-40 tier has gotten more crowded over BF and Christmas promos.  I think I saw some offers from Chatr, lucky that were competitive.  In the low end Freedom Mobile had the $99/yr 50GB, unlimited phone/messaging which would have been a comparable to PM's low end plan.  Freedom doesn't have coverage everywhere, but if it's applicable to someone it'd be a better alternative to PM's $15/month offering.  Difficult to find an exact apples to apples comparison, but with some give and take there are certainly competitors to PM.

umnikke8

It's been hit or miss for me. Sometimes things are handled, other times I'm given the run around, provided unhelpful replies, repeating same questions, not answering queries, etc.

Tsawwassen

“PM has had their pricing advantage eroded” seriously can you advise of any other provider that offers a complete basic $15 plan that immediately offers 3X points back that results in a $12.75 plan before adding any other perks. A plan that for $12.75 offers 250 mb data, 100 long distance minutes, unlimited texting that includes Picture Messaging.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

I agree, I’ve maybe contact a CS_Agent about 3 times since I’ve been on PM for almost 2 years and an agent got back to me and fixed my issue within a couple of hours.

I am surprised that some members claim an agent didn’t get back to them in a few days.

Not sure if they are following our instructions or just making false claims.🤥

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree, the times I've had to contact CS the results have been good.  To me it seems like it's more workflow that's confusing.  If I was new and didn't go through the community I'd be a little bit lost.  I would expect that I could create a ticket from my PM account, not from having to create an account in community and then going through chatbot (which is relatively newish) and sending a private message.  I had to send that priv message method to a friend and he literally said he'd never be able to find that. lol.  Typically from the PM account I would expect a "support" or create ticket option but again, need to go to the community option which isn't intuitive.

I think the landscape has gotten a little more competitive so PM has had their pricing advantage eroded.  There are other options which are either better or very close and if they have an easier way to contact support, it'd be more attractive to people that don't like the online support model.  I doubt this really concerns PM as it's their budget model and Telus likely puts more focus on their tier 1 offering.

Once reaching CSA's some are very accommodating and some make you jump through a few more hoops but that's the same with any sort of support.  Overall I've had my issues taken care of by CSA's so thumbs up for that!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen 

There is certainly a love-hate relationship with some users here towards the customer support agents.  Those users have made their disdain very public on this forum about certain actions/inactions and methods of certain customer support agents.

I don’t fully understand it.  However, I also have no evidence to dispute their experiences.

I, too, on 5 or 6 occasions, have submitted a ticket, have been dealt with courteously, promptly, and very effectively.

Such is the reason I will continue, when it’s likely helpful, to refer certain customers to the customer support agents.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Tsawwassen  honest, I had couple tickets with them and usually they are quick

I do understand sometimes when there is a system wide issue, they don't reply until the system issue is resolved , that is something they need to improve.   

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen  I have made about 3-4 tickets in my time in pm and each time I was satisfied with response time and the outcome . I also agree you get more * flies with honey approach “ .. at same time I’ve had very basic and someway common issues when contacting them so all reasonable request also . That said I too have heard some grumbling from some that have clearly had far worst experiences and I sympathize with those folks . Cos when things work there great but man oh man when they don’t it’s frustrating !

WolverineCaz

I agree. Public Mobile is also growing and therefore getting more and more requests. Growing pains I guess but I would still recommend Public Mobile without hesitation.

Need Help? Let's chat.