cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not use the internet, although I have enough data

dojun8491
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I reset the phone, but still not working.. weird.

5 REPLIES 5

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When you re-set your phone all setting go back to default. Check the data settings on your phone.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dojun8491 - did you just activate with public mobile and have not been able to use data since?

Or, have you been a customer that has been able to use data previously?

If your My Account correctly reflects data left after refreshing the page, then try:

• restart your phone
  • toggle into and out of airplane mode
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings
  • move your sim card to another phone to see if services works

Check your APN settings. For Android phones try editing to this.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/what-you-should-do-after-activating

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

If you have an LG phone it may need a factory reset; but try all other suggestions first before backing up and stuff.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @dojun8491 

open page inPrivate mode, and in main page click the little circular arrow icon in the bottom right corner to update,

or call *611 press 3 and you need your 4 digit PIN and check it out data usage.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Click all the little spinner refresh icons you see lower down to try to get updated proper information. Or use private mode.

You should see a green or red bar indicating plan usage. Then you should see or not see add-ons and their usage. See if your bar is red and full. See if you have any mention of data in add-ons.

@dojun8491 wrote:

I reset the phone, but still not working.. weird.

The Self Serve site can sometimes give incorrect information about remaining data. I would dial 611 from your phone to double check if how much you have left to use.

Need Help? Let's chat.