cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where and how the unlimited international text works?

RossRoss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

Before the pandemic I used to go almost every summer for a few months in Bulgaria and used the internet to do banking, investing, and tax things. And I might go there this summer too. Overtime all these services introduced multi-factor authentication login requiring a phone to send a code and I wonder if my plan which is unlimited only Canada-wide Talk but Unlimited International Text would work there. When I used to go there I was replacing my SIM card with a local one that was a prepaid. I also plan when I retire to move and live in Bulgaria and wonder how to deal with those logins requiring phones. If I give them Bulgarian numbers will they call and send codes there?

I will greatly appreciate your advice and input.

4 REPLIES 4

MeatShield
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are you saying PM can't receive international 2FA messages anymore? From posts I've seen PM at one time did.

What needs to be done by PM to make this work?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

International SMS/MMS is unlimited and it works while you are in Canada only.

For European SMS you will have to find another way (local SIM).

As for banks and similar authentication, try to switch to email method if available.

As for receiving codes while in Bulgaria from Canadian companies, the best way is to Ask them before you make that decision.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry, PM only offers services in Canada and the US. No roaming in other countries. 

International text feature is only available when texting FROM Canada to other countries. Unless you purchase a US roaming package, then it extends to the US for the 10 day period. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RossRoss   PM has no service outside of Canada and US (requires US roaming plan). 

The unlimited international text is for you to send text FROM Canada to other countries, but not to receive texts outside of Canada

What I suggest you is to contact your bank and see what other 2FA option they have .  You can use Email (not as good) or Authenticator app (best) if they have.  

Need Help? Let's chat.