cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will US roaming add-ons begin?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

According to PM "We offer U.S. Roaming Add-Ons with one service, or a combination. All U.S. Roaming Add-Ons will last 10 days. This 10-day period begins when you pay for the Add-On and ends 10 days later at 11:59PM ET." But someone in community said that he/she purchased the add-ons several days before trip to US and the add-ons won't begin until in the US and connect to US provider .

So I'm confused.

When the US roaming add-ons will begin? Is it immedialty begin when pay for it or until in the US and connect to US provider?

12 REPLIES 12

@hairbag1- Same here. I doubt it's changed. But 11:59pm would be good to know if maybe possibly one could re-buy after that time. But I doubt it.

I'll be in the states in December and the spouses phone intends to get roaming. I'm going to try out Red Pocket Mobile with their prepaid average of $2.50US per 30 days for a year.

@softech...

pre-covid... I found that 240 hours was when it  expired. If I purchased at 2pm...it expired around 2pm 10 days later.

It would be interesting to see if that's still the way it works.

Would be nice if PM clarified these little inconsistencies too.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@softech- I don't think anything's changed or different from what we all think we know. Just the usual stupid poor messaging around here. It's 240 hours. Maybe @hairbag1  could verify that...again...on his next venture south. Not to actually re-buy but just to see when it "could" be re-bought.

@dust2dust @hairbag1 so, 10 days is 10 calendar days and NOT 240 hours????

@hairbag1- Oh you found it! Nice. Not nice. Jeez. This place. 🙄

@hairbag1- Yes I see that too. So where did the OP get 11:59pm?

@dust2dust...

U.S. Roaming

We offer U.S. Roaming Add-Ons with one service, or a combination. All U.S. Roaming Add-Ons will last 10 days. This 10-day period begins when you pay for the Add-On and ends 10 days later from the time that the Add-On was purchased.Below are some important things you should know about U.S. Roaming Add-Ons:

• 10 days (or 240 hours) after you purchase a U.S. Roaming Add-On, it will automatically expire. For example, if you purchase the Add-on on January 1st at 12:00 PM, it will automatically expire on January 11th at 11:59 AM.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The real news in your red is that they end at midnight eastern. That's news to me. I'm not sure it's true but it's another thing to test and verify.

You can always test it out for us. Buy the add-on a couple days before. See it in the add-ons list (maybe click the little spinner refresh icon below). Then come back the next day and refresh and see if the day counter decremented. I suspect it will.

They musta been mistaken as it starts right away.

I usually wait until I get to nearby US town with Walmart as they have free wifi..then I sign in to my account and purchase the add-on.

@hairbag1 That's what I thought.

But someone in this post said :"@hycm53, I have purchased US Roaming Add-on several days before trips to the US many times and from what I see they do not activate until you establish a connection to a US provider."

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-package-not-showing-up-under-M...

So that's why I have this question.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Your 240 hours start as soon as you buy the add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.