cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming not working

kloo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I 've been in the US since Sept 12 and purchased a Data, Talk,Text bundle before I left. My phone would not work here until I purchased a Text addon and a Talk addon. I have had to do this every 10 days.Plus renew my Data, Talk, Text bundle.  This has been very frustrating and expensive. Please rectify this situation ASAP.  Thanks!  Henry Klooster Jr.

5 REPLIES 5

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kloo   Aside from the fact that roaming add-ons have been having issues since the US carriers shut down the 3G service, for trips longer than couple of weeks, it probably would have have been a better idea to purchase a local SIM as repurchasing PM's roaming packages can get expensive. 

However, that's a separate issue from not being able to use an add-on that was paid for, so contact customer support for some sort of a credit.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds like the addons worked , but the OP is not happy having to pay for those services on top of their regular plan.. that how I read it..

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You should use one US add-on at the time for 10 days. Some US add-on will not work properly if you have 2 or more similar at the same time.

Do not expect a lot of US talk/text as US is shutting down 3G network. Data should work on 2G but you have to manually connect to T-mobile.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That sounds like a bunch of overlapping add-ons. This is known problem for talk. And for talk, you need to manually connect to T-Mobile to make use of their 2G GSM with it's not-everywhere coverage.

There's also a problem with re-buying add-ons after expiry (down to the hour by the way of 240 hours/10 days) but before a 24 hour delay. Or you would need to ask support to re-buy it for you.

A workaround is to buy a different add-on. If you bought the talk/text/data bundle and you want to continue being able to use talk and text at 240 hours and not wait then you could buy the talk/text bundle or the individual talk or text items. Then when those expire you could buy the big bundle again.

Data buckets can be added anytime but again not the same one in the 240 hours.

Buy the add-ons at the top of an hour so that you can remember when you could buy something again.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

We're all just Public Mobile customers, just like you. When you get home, you can message a CSA and ask for a credit if you feel you didn't get what you paid for.

added...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.