Did you mean: 

SIM card locked

Arleneie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My SIM card is locked and I need a PUK NUMBER Please provide

4 REPLIES 4

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Arleneie 

Adding to the previous comments whether it is a SIM PUK or locked phone by another carrier.

A PUK is required if it is a Samsung phone. You will need to get a PUK from Samsung Canada at 1-800-SAMSUNG.

The PUK for a device locked to another carrier isn't specific to Samsung.  Samsung Canada can only help with that when it comes to a device that was distributed by Samsung Canada. Any device that requires an unlock code to use at other carriers could require this code.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Arleneie 

Adding to the previous comments whether it is a SIM PUK or locked phone by another carrier.

A PUK is required if it is a Samsung phone. You will need to get a PUK from Samsung Canada at 1-800-SAMSUNG.

Callan89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is this a new SIM card or one you/someone else has used? In both cases, it would be good to contact Public Mobile using the chatbox to have them help you get the PUK number. Typically their response time is decent. 

Another option: Your phone may not be unlocked if you recently bought it second-hand. You can have it unlocked and that should solve your issues! I recommend contacting the phone's previous provider if you know it but there are also other places you could go. Unlocking usually has fees, but it shouldn't be too expensive.

Hope this helps! Best of luck!

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Arleneie wrote:

My SIM card is locked and I need a PUK NUMBER Please provide

Network lock PUK or SIM card's PUK? 

SIM Network Unlock PUK means phone locked to other carrier.  Contact that carrier to get unlock code and networking unlocking PUK.  

For the SIM card PUK, contact Public Mobile. Use the chatbot link at bottom of Community page to open a ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.