cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the catch... US/Canada unlimited plan

Morepsna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. The plan here is 34 bucks. The plan at Bell is 105 bucks. What gives? I live in downtown Toronto, so hopefully this is fine. But will also need good connectivity in other provinces, and esp in various states in the US. 

5 REPLIES 5

AllT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don’t think there’s any catch. As long as your phone is VoLTE capable and you can connect to T-Mobile or AT&T it will work fine in the US. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Morepsna  The biggest difference is probably that Public Mobile doesn't have phone support, it's self serve and customer service is online.  Customers in this community can help with a lot of issues but when something needs to be done on the PM side there can be a wait for an agent to reply to a ticket.  Usually they are reasonably fast but at the moment they are reportedly a bit slower due to higher volume.   The only time I had a problem was when they introduced the Eversafe log in and an agent resolved it very quickly.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

For the most part they charge more on Tier 1 providers because of the brand name. Public Mobile is owned by Telus and in fact runs on Telus and Bell towers so the coverage is virtually the same as the top tier.

Y4J259
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just want to point out that the PM $34 50fb CAN US plan is not unlimited data. It is a fixed bucket. 

Some of their other plans that are not CAN US have data buckets at full speed, with unlimited reduced speed after. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Morepsna 

the plan itself is perfect.  Price is coming down and there are many cheap Canada-US plan around and this is one of the best.  PM uses T-Mobile and AT&T in US, pretty easy to connect

only difference between Bell and PM is Bell is Tier1 provider, PM is Tier3, support is not the strongest part but PM uses the same solid Telus/Bell network

Need Help? Let's chat.