cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text not working after porting from Bell

JulianKim-Bang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number from Bell yesterday. The call works, but the text is not working. When someone sends me a text, it doesn’t get to my phone. And iMessage is showing waiting for activation overnight, and it was changed to activation unsuccessful. Can someone help resolve my problem please?

5 REPLIES 5

JulianKim-Bang

Thank you so much! I hope it resolves soon! I really appreciate you!

@JulianKim-Bang 

Hopefully, within several hours.  However, the response times have been longer than normal due to all these issues.  Check your private message inbox for reponse.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Here is some more information about this issue:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Under-Investigation-Ongoing-Issue-Text-Me...

@JulianKim-Bang   Usually they reply within an hour or so but currently it may be longer.  Keep an eye on your community inbox for an agent's reply, it will either be at an envelope icon top right of this page, or if you don't see an envelope tap on your avatar and that will open a drop-down with Messages.  If you have the envelope it will indicate a reply with a red marker but to see that in Messages you have to tap the avatar first.

JulianKim-Bang

Thank you for your reply. I did open a support ticket just now. How long do I have to wait for them to get to my issue? Will they call me/send me an email? It is frustrating because I need to port three other family members before my next billing date by Bell. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@JulianKim-Bang   There is currently a known problem with SMS texts (and by extension iMessage) for many new customers.  You need to open a ticket with customer support, use the chat icon bottom right of this page.  They're a bit slower than usual to respond because of the number of people they're having to fix this for individually but hopefully it will get fixed soon. 

Need Help? Let's chat.