cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with PM $15 plan?

Dolphin12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just saw this posted online. Has this been made official by PM? We haven't received any information from PM.

All these changes in a short period of time is not good.

Public Mobile Axes 3G Plans, Just Like Lucky Mobile https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/2024/04/26/public-mobile-axes-3g-plans/

18 REPLIES 18

@SeniorCitizen wrote:

What about the $19 plan 3 month rate. 
Looks like to me, even if,  the 250mb is grandfathered that the new and old $15 are on there way out. 

@SeniorCitizen , Even if it was available for existing customers I wouldn’t have the income for it but I don’t need more than what I already have. I will stay on the $15 plan with 100 outgoing minutes, unlimited text/mms & 250mb of data at 3g speeds until it is taken from me. Then I will leave.

Dolphin12

@SeniorCitizen that would be a good plan but it is not offered under my portfolio when I click change plan.

SeniorCitizen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What about the $19 plan 3 month rate. 
Looks like to me, even if,  the 250mb is grandfathered that the new and old $15 are on there way out. 

Dolphin12

@softech why was this post moved? 

@xiv 

MMS doesn't require the plan to include any amount of data.

xiv
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Since the new 15$ still allows unlimited MMS, and we all know that MMS requires data, could it follow that the plan does include at least some data (say, 250MB like the legacy 15$ plan currently does)? It would not surprise me in the least that PM would not actively advertise it so as to misleadentice customers into purchasing data add-ons.

HI @SeniorCitizen 

Bell does no have it

the one that really fulfills it Corporate responsibility is.. TELUS

@SeniorCitizen wrote:

Interesting. So new $15 is better with unlimited calling but you have to buy a Data add on if you want Data.  So no more 250mb of Data included. 

@SeniorCitizen , the problem with getting a data add-on is the 30 day expiration which means I will never purchase one due to I only need data for emergencies to check my bank accounts & so on when outside of my home or during power outages so it would end up being a waste of funds for me to keep purchasing it monthly just incase I may need it for an emergency! They should’ve kept the 250mb or even 500mb or 1 gb.

SeniorCitizen

Interesting. So new $15 is better with unlimited calling but you have to buy a Data add on if you want Data.  So no more 250mb of Data included. 
IMG_0375.jpeg
So who still offers the CTRC mandatory $15 plan?

IMG_0376.jpeg

Dolphin12

@hTideGnow I hope they do.

I just wonder why it's not listed under announcements and only on the site under plans. I don't check there often so I wouldn't have know unless I saw it posted online.

Communication has become a huge issue. I know this may be a lot to ask but if you see the $21 plan open up for existing customers could you let me know? Thanks in advance.

Hi @Dolphin12 

PM has let existing subscribers to get to those new activations plans after a short while, i hope they will do the same in a week or two

and best news is existing $15 plan holders can keep the same plan for new 

Dolphin12

@hTideGnow  I guess we can agree to disagree. Yes the $25 plan is a good one, however for someone paying for the $15 plan it is a huge jump

It would be nice to be able to get the $21 plan ($19 for 3 months) as that plan is closer to what we currently have.

Change is good but their should be better options for loyal customers.

HI @Dolphin12 

i would not say these change are upsettings

all mobile carriers like to offer new activation only plans

and the great news is the $29 (or $25/30 days for 90 days subscription) is open for everyone.  It is a great plan for the current $25-1GB plan holders to get a lot more data , same price

and best news is 3G speed plan is going away

Dolphin12

All these changes are upsetting. First the legacy rewards are discontinued now this. Why are some plans for new members only? If you are not offering a current plan any longer then current members should be able to switch to anything offered to a new customer. It's like PM is punishing their current customers who have helped them build up their customer profile. NOT NICE.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Public mobile has not been recently announcement plan changes or promotion plans.  Just will be stated on the website.  

If you are on the old $15 plan, you will continue to have that plan.  Only new activations or plan switches will be this new $15 plan.  

For some customers, the new $15 plan may be better.  Unlimited talk versus only 100 outgoing Canada wide minutes.  250 mB of 3G data is such a small amount of data.  3G speeds also is limiting.  

umnikke8

Yep, it's right there if you shop the plans. However it's unlikely your current plan will change, Public usually lets you remain on your current plan for as long as you keep paying for it. Will only affect you if you change plans, the old ones are no longer available.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Dolphin12 

basically all news plans are no longer 3G speed plans

$15 plan has a major change, but anyone currently on the $15 can still with the old one

the new $15 plan is voice only plan with unlimited voice but no data

anyone wants small data check the $21-3Gb plan, the price will drop to $19/30 days if subscribed for 90 days

the new $25 plan is very good.  it is $29 for 20 GB but price will drop to $25/30 days if subscribed for 90 days

Need Help? Let's chat.