cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website changes - Much less private and lack of control.

bigfanofcharges
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sure, you guys changed the website, great, but why did you remove features? Why did you permanently save my payment method and I can no longer remove that method? this jeopardizes my personal security, cause now anyone can just hop on and do as they please with it. I understand we have a bunch of a clueless people out there who don't know how to apply their payments and change things, but that doesn't mean you have to remove features that competent people WANT to use. 

Your 2fa is also just an inconvenience, not security. That is not an answer to these changes. Allow me, and everyone else, to modify our accounts as we please, instead of gating us in. Bring back ALL of your features, so we can continue to be happy customers. Please and thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bigfanofcharges 

I agree 100%. I feel the changes make your account much less secure especially if you lose your phone (by theft or otherwise). Your account pin # used to be sheilded from view even from customer support. A completely secure identifier. Now there is none.

Password access was protected by a security question. Now it is vulnerable. Customers should be given the opportunity to change their username (email) to one of their own choosing just like your online banking and tyh ability to add security questions for log in so that with or without 2FA enabled there is the opportunity to protect your account from fraudsters who may have obtained access to your phone and/or phone number and email.

Currently lose your phone you are screwed until you at least change your sim card (also difficult to replace immediately) and change your email (requiring customer support.) The credit card requirement and subsequent hostage taking is mind boggling....?!!

If you need a spent credit gift card to add to your account so you can remove your current card just private message me....I can help. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bigfanofcharges 

I would assume hackers hate the 2FA…making it tougher for them to hack into your account.

I guess. 

Has it also not been posted:

To use a refillable credit card on PM

To leave an expired card on PM for the auto pay $2 credit and pay with vouchers 

To remove auto-pay and credit card all together on a $15 plan as it is not required for the bonus data but would lose the auto pay credit. 

@CountyDownIeUk , so it is a Telus "tradition "?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Perhaps you should review your password as well. Something must have happened for the second factor to be added. And I do believe that on the Telus side you have to call in to have your credit card removed. But is it really?

Also can you not put up a refillable credit card on PM? Say 10 bucks. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @bigfanofcharges if you find it inconvenient to use 2FA, you can disable it in My Account 's Profile page.  It is not the most secure way to send via email or sms, better to use authentication app.  But it is safer than not offering 2FA as a choice

For credit card removal,  open ticket with PM and suggest changes 

Lux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can disable the 2fa if you wanted to in Profile > My Security Info.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I agree, PM should allow customers to remove CC info from their accounts.

Now you have to ask agent to do that for you.

Somebody to 'hop on' would mean somebody has gained access to your account. You should monitor activity on your account from time to time and change password regularly to enhance security. And monitor credit card charges from PM...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bigfanofcharges I agree with the problem for unable to remove the credit card on file.  There should be easy to easily remove that.  For now, open ticket either PM support is the only way

But what make you think the 2FA is " just an inconvenience, not security"?   Many sites are doing this and I don't see why it is not a security

Need Help? Let's chat.