cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to use previous SIM and login

Alex820
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to move back to Public Mobile. I kept my previous Public Mobile SIM card. It won't let me login to my account, and it says my SIM is already in use. Please help. I need to get away from Rogers AS

9 REPLIES 9

Alex820

So, it turns out that the accounts were not deleted. While logging in to the web didn't work, logging in on the app did work. Too bad I didn't know this from the beginning. I set up a new account for my first phone, but then figured out I could login on the app with the other phone/account, and just set up the new SIM on that existing account.

Alex820

Of course, once I ordered the SIM cards from Amazon and started setting up the new accounts...it said that the SIM cards would be free if ordered direct through PM (special discount). D'oh! Thanks for the help.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If account is transferred to another provider PM SIM is deactivated and it is not possible to re-use it.

You can recycle it or just discard it. You would need new either physical SIM (better as you can switch from phone to phone easily) or eSIM (once installed it cannot be transferred to another phone).

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Alex820 

You need port your number back to PM on a new SIM. 
You can pick one up at a SIM from Telus/Koodo/Mobile Klinik store for $10 or Amazon for $4.99. If you order from PM online, it may take up to 3 weeks to arrive.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If the account was suspended for 90 days then it was automatically terminated. Any funds, promos, add-ons, rewards, or points in the account are gone - no refunds. The SIMID is permanently deactivated, it cannot be used again. The phone is lost. You can't login to Self-Serve because the account is gone forever.

If you ported your number out when you left Public Mobile then your account was automatically terminated when the number port completed. All the same as above except that you took the phone number with you and now you could port it back.

If you intend to bring your number from Rogers then you need to initiate the number port request from Public Mobile's end. Pay for a Public Mobile plan and SIM, activate it on a new Self-Serve account, and keep using your Rogers phone service until it stops working then swap in the Public Mobile SIM. Public Mobile has an app now for handling all this stuff. And it uses EverSafe now, in practice that means you might have to deal with stupid signup problems if you attempt to use the same email address you had last time.

On the upside, you can take advantage of any promo plans which are "for new customers only". And you can get another ten bucks credited to your account if you use another Public Mobile subscriber's referral code (we all have one).

Beware that Rogers has a particularly aggressive customer retention department. They might attempt to harass, penalize, misinform, or intimidate you. They might attempt to bribe you - they might in fact make a better offer than what Public Mobile offers if their files flag you as a subscriber they desperately want to keep. And if you owe them money then they will get their money, they attach particularly belligerent notices to your credit post. Or at least that's the way Rogers was years ago.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Alex820 

as you don't currently have a PM account, you're technically a new customer so you can request a free esim to start a new account....as long as your phone will accept esim that is. Then you can port your number back to PM which will automatically deactivate your Shawgers account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Alex820 

you need to buy a new sim card to activate back here

get a new Public Mobile sim from Telus or Koodo store or order one from Amazon

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Alex820  If you ported  number to Roger’s and now want to come back to PM you need a new PM SIM card as they can only be activated once . And you should use a new email then from before . Otherwise you need to contact support to use the same email as before 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Alex820 

once you've ported away from PM, your account is deactivated. You'll need a new sim or esim and a different email address to start a new PM account again.

Need Help? Let's chat.