Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail icon is not showing when I have voicemails

Monkeycee4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

4 REPLIES 4

dwh1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What phone do you have? If it’s an iPhone, the following may help.

Does your voicemail tab in the home app mention that it can’t contact Visual Voicemail?  If so, your phone may be stuck thinking Public Mobile has Visual Voicemail - it doesn’t.

I had this and it prevented the voicemail icon from indicating I had voicemails.  In the end I had to fix it by resetting my phone and setting everything up from scratch without using a backup. That took a couple of hours end to end but it fixed my issue.

However, the next day the PM/Telus technician I was working with suggested the following. I don’t know if it will work but it’s worth trying. Text the message STATE to 474663 and see if that fixes it. Apparently this may tell the device to disable Visual Voicemail. Again, I heard about this too late to try it out, but it will only take a moment to try.

Good luck!!

Monkeycee4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Monkeycee4 

are you on iPhone?  If so, when did this happen ?  did you update iOS lately and the problem happens since?

It seems to be an issue on the iOS side.  Some have it working but broken since an iOS update.  Some got it fixed after another update

So, if your iOS is not the latest one, try to update it and see if it helps

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Monkeycee4  If this is a iPhone . I believe it’s a iOS issue . Have you updated to the latest iOS 16.5.1

adding some believe it’s a carrier issue and report that they had success by having support reset there voicemail @Monkeycee4 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.