cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using existing monthly data

bowser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a basic $15.00 monthly plan with talk & data. I believe my plan says I have to call anywhere from within Canada. Can I access this data to use the internet in the U.S. or do I need a U.S. roaming add on?

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bowser 

The only pm services you can recieve while in the US without a US roaming add on is incoming text messages. You can reply to 611 texts and call 611 to hear basic account info and access the IVR system to add a pm top up voucher. All other IVR menu options require you to enter your 4 digit account pin # if you wish to purchase add ons, top up your account via your card on file etc...

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@bowser wrote:

I have a basic $15.00 monthly plan with talk & data. I believe my plan says I have to call anywhere from within Canada. Can I access this data to use the internet in the U.S. or do I need a U.S. roaming add on?

@bowser 

No. What you need to use data in the US is this:

t_p_0-1639016856194.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@bowser wrote:

@bowser 

That is true, you can ONLY place calls from anywhere in Canada to anywhere in Canada.  Data is usable anywhere in Canada.

As far as incoming calls, you can receive them from anywhere in the world, so long as you're IN Canada when receiving them.  

In order to use calling or texting or data OUTSIDE of Canada (and PM Customers can ONLY do so in the USA), you need to purchase a US Roaming add-on, which is only good for 10-day increments at a time and become active at the moment of purchase.  So plan your Roaming add-on purchase accordingly.

Happy & Safe Travels!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bowser 

you need to Purchase Add-Ons For US Roaming 10 day packages
Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8
U.S. Data Only 10 day packages
250MB = $10
500MB = $15
1GB = $20

when you visit US and then Purchase it,

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link..

Meow
Mayor / Maire

To use PM's services in US, you will have to buy appropriate add-on.

Otherwise while you are in Canada everything can be used as per your plan no matter where you are.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bowser   the data are only to be used in Canada.  if you are in US, you will need to buy US Roaming Data, and/or Text/Talk depends  on your  needs

But if you go there long and need more data, you will be betting off buying the local prepaid data plan

Need Help? Let's chat.