cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can public-mobile use in iPhone 12 pro with IOS15.11?

ryanli8168
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just updated to IOS15.11 for my iPhone 12 pro and now I can't call or receive a call. Can public-mobile use in iPhone 12 pro with IOS15.11? It happened to another iPhone 12 pro max with IOS15. 

11 REPLIES 11

@JK8 wrote:

@ryanli8168 

Can you contact the seller for a refund?

@ryanli8168 

Contact your seller to request to remove the blacklist. 

Although that seller may have knowingly sold you a stolen phone. 

Was the phone iCloud unlocked?

Did you buy from the sellers residence?

Did you meet the seller in some clandestine meeting spot?🥴

Did you get the original box with the phone with matching IMEI number?

Did you check the black list before buying? NO

If you asked for IMEI before hand to do some checks, did you verify IMEI number given to the IMEI number on the device?

I just gave away some of my IPhone prechecks for second hand purchases.  

Last resort.....how comfortable (if seller does not help you) do you feel to report he/she to local police? My guess you have been screwed out of $1100+  x  2?

@ryanli8168 wrote:

I checked the IMEI and it's blacklisted. This is used iPhone I bought from a private sale a month ago.  

Please let me know what I should do to solve the blacklisted problem. I called Apple service and they suggest me to contact my carrier which is public-mobile to unlock.  

Hi @ryanli8168 , You said both phones are not working .. so, both phones are blacklisted?

Likely, there is nothing you can do.  If it is a month ago, you can try to contact the seller again.  Of course if the seller did that on purpose, he won't respond.  But he just did it by mistake like forgot to clear the bill, maybe he will do something.

@ryanli8168 

I'm afraid you're out of luck. 

The device can only be delisted from blacklisting be the original carrier.

They'll likely seek some financial recovery before doing so. 

@ryanli8168 

Can you contact the seller for a refund?

ryanli8168

I checked the IMEI and it's blacklisted. This is used iPhone I bought from a private sale a month ago.  

Please let me know what I should do to solve the blacklisted problem. I called Apple service and they suggest me to contact my carrier which is public-mobile to unlock.  

Thanks.

Ryan

Hi @ryanli8168   

Did you get your phone brand new from a trusted source (Apple stores / carriers) or private sell?  any chance the phone is blacklisted?  when you reboot the phone, do you see it connect or try to connect briefly and disconnect from the network?  If so, there is a chance.  Check here:   https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

You have two phones with the same issue, so, I  assume it is not an account issue.  But if you run out of idea, try to put your SIM in another phone and test and confirm if is is SIM or account issue

If no problem and you willing to go through the trouble, try to Factory wipe one of the two phone and re-setup the phone new (do not restore from iCloud yet) and see if it works

[blacklisted ....... Luddite]

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ryanli8168 

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

and if your device issue try to do backup and Factory Reset

iPhone 12 Pro Factory Reset – Reset All Content,

if you can't fix it and you did test your SIM card in another device and not work then you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email...only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

ryanli8168

Hi there,

Thanks for your prompt attendance.

I tried all your suggested solutions, including Network reset, APN reset, 3G only, and reboots It doesnt work yet.

Please let me know if any further idea on this.

Appreciated,

Ryan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ryanli8168 

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@ryanli8168 does data work? 

did you try reboot the phone?

did you try to update the Carrier profile for PM?

if still fails, try to have  a network reset 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ryanli8168 

Yes is will working with Public Mobile.

visit Here link to you can check it full information about your device.

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

visit  Here link, to check it all Provider in Canada about your device...

Need Help? Let's chat.