cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us Roaming Add-On

RobynW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What US networks does Public access when in the USA?  I can't seem to find that info on the website.  

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

HI @DennyCrane 

yours more recent, mine was in April

No, no AT&T. I was there is May and it was still only T-Mobile. 

HI @Dunkman 

So, is AT&T working again with roaming now?

last time I was there, I can only connect to TMobile, not AT&T

Fixed a couple typos! I meant to say AT&T used to work but now it's only T-Mobile. 

@DennyCrane- ??? AT&T used to work. AT&T is still mentioned here. AT&T has not worked since last year. The only known confirmed roaming partner is T-Mobile. Standard, non-updated messaging around here. I guess we need a regular to check and test for AT&T now with all these changes and particularly volte. Or a game fellow customer who wouldn't mind fiddling with their phone.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Dunkman 

I think you'll find that the 15 Day US Roaming add-on, no longer works on AT&T networks. That leaves only T-Mobile except for Alaska...there's no support for PM add-on there. For most other states, traveling PM'ers need to have a volte enabled phone AND have PM turn volte on...otherwise they'll find the talk portion of the add-on to be unreliable. W/O volte, it'll work in larger centers and diminish quickly as they move away from town. Text and data will be fine though.

But according PM website that PM partnered with AT&T and T-Mobile to provide you with fantastic coverage. I'm not sure PM partnered with AT&T come back.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/roaming-add-ons

@Dunkman 

I think you'll find that the 15 Day US Roaming add-on, no longer works on AT&T networks. That leaves only T-Mobile except for Alaska...there's no support for PM add-on there. For most other states, traveling PM'ers need to have a volte enabled phone AND have PM turn volte on...otherwise they'll find the talk portion of the add-on to be unreliable. W/O volte, it'll work in larger centers and diminish quickly as they move away from town. Text and data will be fine though.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

AT&T silently got dropped as far as I'm aware. It's only T-Mobile now. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle
Need Help? Let's chat.