cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading plan before activating

Sonj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, looking for some assistance.

I signed up for Public Mobile on Friday for the 20GB plan for $34. My SIM card has not arrived yet, so I haven't activated my plan. Now they are offering 40GB for the same price. I would like that instead.

My co-worker had the 20GB plan for some time already and also wanted to switch. He was able to switch on his own by going to his online account. But since I haven't activated mine yet, I get stopped at the "complete your account" page.

I also can't seem to activate a chat with an agent. It just opens a browser page that stays blank (or, oddly, goes to the last page I had opened).

Any ideas appreciated!

20 REPLIES 20

Sonj

Success! Thank you, everyone! I am a brand new customer, this was my first post and you all gave a great first impression. 😊

Sonj

And they did honour it, woohoo!

Sonj

Contacting an agent via the link was the solution. 😁 They were quite busy so it took a little while to get an answer. They were willing to give me the better deal. However, I ended up finding an even better one that was available, so I didn't end up going for the 40GB/$34 deal in the end.

Sonj

Both good ideas, thanks!

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey @Sonj, If you want to lock it in, you could eat up the SIM card cost and buy it in person. That way, you will be sure to guarantee the plan. But even if you decide not to and are too late, they might still honour it for you since you contacted them before it expired.

Sonj

The card is only expected to arrive on Wednesday, I'm just wondering if the better plan will still be available at that time. I submitted a ticket though, so I'm hoping that will be the solution. Maybe they'll even give it to me if it's "too late" since I was trying to be proactive. 

Sonj

Messaging "CS_Agent" won't get me to a person?

Sonj

Thanks for the link! Now that I can get to the ticket submission page, I'm a lot farther along than I was.

HI @Sonj 

the Chatbot ticket is very unstable, but glad you hve the ticket submitted

Sonj

Ahh, I was trying to get to the ticket submission page earlier and it wasn't working. This one works, thank you! Hopefully this is the solution. 

Teo0321

Hey @hTideGnow, yes I went through that and the agent did it that way 🙂

Hope it helps!

Sonj

The SIM hasn't arrived yet so I can't finish the activation yet. I'm not sure how long this offer will be available so I'm hesitant to wait. 

In regards to your second suggestion, would I have to pay for the first sign up? Or would I new able to cancel if before payment is taken?

HI @Teo0321 

thanks for sharing, but did you go through that and confirm agent helped?

@Teo0321  Good to know thanks for sharing . Hopfully OP can get thru to agents quickly as it’s been busy weekend 

Teo0321

Hey again! I suggest contacting CS first. They can assign the new plan starting now, but once activated, you can change it from the next billing period over. If you complete the activation on your end with the old plan, they won't be able to assign the new one.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Sonj  if you have the sim now .Why not just complete your activation your first intended plan . Then go to your account and make plan change for next renewal to the plan you want now 

adding or create a new account with new email with plan you want then when card does arrive activate on the second account just made with the plan you want 

@Teo0321 

good information...thanks. If it ever comes up again, we now have precedent to refer to.

Teo0321

Hey @Sonj,

I faced a similar issue, and I found a solution. I got a SIM card from my local Telus store and contacted customer support to change the plan and activate the SIM manually with the new plan. Here's the link to contact them: CS Ticket Submission.

In regard to your plan change request. I recommend contacting them as soon as you receive the SIM card and assist you with your account activation so they can change the plan to the new $34 40GB. At the moment any change cannot be performed because the accounts are not completely activated.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Sonj 

i am not sure if you can change now.  the plan not really started yet, but you pay and technically activated with this plan.

please submit a ticket with CS Agent here and maybe they can help
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.