cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded with promotion, but my old plan is fully charged?

ilpalazo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I had access to a promotion and decided to upgrade immediately, but was surprised that there is no prorated amount for my existing monthly plan or any kind of refund? I basically paid twice in a row for the same core service. Every other service provider prorates the amount you have to pay in this circumstance. 

What gives?

4 REPLIES 4

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@ilpalazo 

Only postpaid phone providers offer prorating and partial refunds.

Since Public Mobile is prepaid only, there's no prorating or refunds here.

When switching plans, it's always best to schedule your switch on your renewal date, so you don't lose anything or pay twice.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ilpalazo   this is normal.  PM is prepaid and no prorated or partial refund for unused part of the plan

Every other providers you think is different as they are prepaid provider

But what you meant by you paid twice in a row

if your original plan renewal  was today, and then you make another plan change right after, there is a chance PM agent can help.  But if your current plan was already many days in and you made the plan change, then they won't do anything

You can try to open ticket with CS agent and ask for help in your particular case:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@ilpalazo hi not all pro rate their plans only post paid as a rule ,here you are on a prepaid plan therfore there is no prorating sorry ,it is best to do your homework before changing plans 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

That is correct; you paid twice since you already paid for existing plan AND you decided to change plan NOW. You were immediately charged for new plan.

PM does not refund difference when upgrading/downgrading plans. No prorates at PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.