cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Plans Lost Rewards

SW10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all. Both my kids had the $40/60gig plan. I upgraded them to the $40/75gig and I lost all the rewards/discounts in the process. How do I get them back? Also, we’re going to be travelling thru the U.S. in a little while. Do I need to add a data package for the states? My understanding is no but I wanted to make sure. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

@SW10   I'm not sure what happens to the loyalty bonus data if you upgrade and then downgrade again, did they get the 240GB bonus?  It's removed on a plan downgrade but not an upgrade.  But yes, as already noted, you don't need a roaming add on with a Canada-US plan even if the system sends an automatic text suggesting it, it covers everything.  For voice calls it does need a VoLTE phone as noted, and for data best to start out with the phone set to 4G/LTE rather than 5G.  

SW10

Thank you for the reply. Other than the loss of the $$ for the discounts/loyalty/autopay (is what it is), I’m still fairly happy with Public. I might drop them down to the $34/50gig plans but it’s only $6. My son travels lots with his hockey team with tons of time on the team bus. He’s very heavy on the data usage.

@SW10 

just make sure you have a VoLTE enabled phone that is on PM's whitelist of phones they've permitted VoLTE. Ignore the message when you arrive in US to get a roaming add-on. Make sure to enable Data Roaming (just turn it on and leave it on).

clipped from Help Files..

To check if your device is VoLTE-Roaming enabled, please check this list:

• Apple iPhone 8 & above (iOS 16 & above)
  • Google Pixel 4/4XL/4a/4a 5G (TP1A.220624.014 & above)
  • Google Pixel 5 (TP1A.220624.014 & above)
  • Google Pixel 6a (TP1A.220624.021.A1 & above)
  • Google Pixel 6/6 Pro (TP1A.220624.021 & above)
  • Google Pixel 7/7 Pro (TD1A.220804.009.A2 & above)
  • Samsung S23 (AVK2 & above)
  • Samsung S22/S22+/S22 Ultra (CWAI & above)
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Fold4 (CWAC & above)
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G & Fold3 5G (FWB1 & above)
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G (HWB1 & above)
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G (JWB5 & above)
  • Samsung Note20 5G/Ultra 5G (HWB3& above)
  • Samsung A53 5G (CWB4 & above)
  • Samsung S21 FE 5G (EWB3 & above)
  • Motorola edge 2022 (S2ST32.71-71 & above)
  • Motorola Moto g 5G (S2SA32.1-54 & above)
  • Motorola Moto g power (2022) (S3RQ32.20-42-10 & above)
  • Motorola Moto g pure (S3RH32.20-42-10 & above)
  • Motorola Moto g stylus 5G (2022) (S2SD32.21-85-3 & above)
  • TCL 303 (V9Q1K & above)
  • TCL 30 XE 5G (DM9M & above)
  • TCL 20s (9DI0 & above)
  • TCL 30 5G (7FCU & above)
  • Sonim XP10 Rugged Phone (10.0.0-01-12.0.0-12.25.10 & above)
  • ZTA Blade A7P (Z6252CAV1.0.0B15 & above)

SW10

IMG_0171.jpeg

This is the plan I upgraded them to. It says data within the US but I figured I’d ask since I was making a post about the loss of rewards. 

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I see @Phil_Adelphus 

then I think no other way to get the discoutn back

But at least with the $40 plan, that comes with 2 points , it covers the lost of the $2 autopay

But yes, the loyalty discount would be a tough loss

@slusagm  They upgraded already to the $40 75GB plan which I assume is the current one which is a Canada-US plan.  I think there might have been an earlier one that was Canada only, perhaps @SW10 can confirm it is the Canada-US one.

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SW10  

Public Mobile has ended the Legacy rewards system and therefor you see your bill is higher

Buty ou are still paying for the old $40/60gb plan? If you are, why not change your plan to the $34/50GB Canada and US.  The goods are it is cheaper, and you can the US raoming for free.  No need to pay extra data for states.  Yes, it is 10GB less than what you have, but you saved $6 now (changing this plan, you get the money you lost from the lost of the discount)

slusagm_0-1718988903797.png

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@SW10  They should not have lost the rewards (other than the $ discounts for autopay etc.).  Contact customer service by opening a ticket at the chat icon bottom right of this page or if that doesn't work send a private message to support using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

The Canada-US plan is complete, you don't need to purchase anything extra.  You might get a text message on crossing the border suggesting a roaming add on but you can just ignore it, that's intended for people who don't have a Canada-US plan. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @SW10 

you already lost the discount with or without the plan change.  PM has moved everyone from the old rewards system to Public Points

PM has ended that old system and moved everyone to the new Public Points!!

So, now you have to pay full price first and PM will give you back points after.  Instead of loyalty rewards monthly, you get 10 points per year on your anniversary date with Public Mobile.  Instead of $2 autopay discount, you get 5% of your plan in points.  

And the points are useful to reduce the bill. After you got 15+ points, you will go to rewards site to redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit

For US travel, get teh US roaming addon 

Need Help? Let's chat.