cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update new credit card.

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

After guessing what way to go and still not clearly see where you "update" or "change" a credit card. I tried twice and got this. 

Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 6.45.10 PM.png

This card arrived in the mail today and needs to be "activated"  by making a purchase using the PIN#. 

Is that why it won't take?

15 REPLIES 15

@Grinch wrote:

Yah sorry I was a little harsh. If you enjoy making the files and pics...go for it. 

All good man. 🙂 

Grinch

Yah sorry I was a little harsh. If you enjoy making the files and pics...go for it. 

I am always dubious about opening links and was only suggesting that the link be more like a subject line of what you will be lead to. 

Secondly why bother with all the nice examples you do when some or all of it is on the PM site??

For your responses would not not be easier to index the issue and have the link to the PM solution and then give the PM link to the distressed Community member. 

Let's face it.....I high majority of issues in the community are answered in the chat bot or on the help files as in here

As I appreciate your feedback, everything on the links is exactly what I post here. Just keeps more stuff off the forums. I have received several compliments from members, Oracles and staff for putting in the effort to make thing easy for newbies. But hey, I take feedback whether it's good or bad. 

Good luck sir.

Grinch

@Chalupa_Batman 

You are wasting your time trying to create the wheel with your google docs resolutions. The wheel is already here.  And would suggest links in your docs if you feel compelled to keep doing. 

AND NAME YOUR LINKS WITH A HELPFUL NAME VS A GENERIC NAME THAT MIGHT BE CONSIDERED AS A SPAM LINK THAT ONE WOULD REFRAIN FROM TAPPING. 

If you use the chat robot, it tells you what to do. I later found.   And would assume that the not to easy to find help files, once found, a search would also tell you. Lol and still looking for those help files. 

Grinch

I am both. No incognito…don’t know how to, don’t want to know how to, and have never needed to do so. 

Grinch

@Chalupa_Batman 

Good sleuth work. Want to know my third ID?

Was updating credit cards, remember!!. So what ever account I was updating I used the associated community account. 

Won’t be posting much here for 2 reasons. 
1. The account I want to post from is broken and have been waiting for months for  a fix. 
2. I cannot post or login from my iPad. And I am not buying a new one. Right now am using my iPhone and is a royal PITA. 

If you login to your My Account you should already have a Community account associated to that login in and are able to toggle back and forth, using that one login, between your My Account and Community account. 

@Chalupa_Batman 

it is perfectly ok to have more than one EverSafe account (for My Account and Community). 

For people who manage multiple accounts, they need more than one EverSafe account.  They need that to login their different My Accounts.  In fact, it is the preferred and proper way to open support tickets for their different accounts

The plot thickens. LOL.  Exact same start dates. Interesting. What's the point of having two different accounts on the forums?? If you have 2 seperate PM accounts, didn't realize you needed 2 forum accounts? Do we?

Chalupa_Batman_0-1698806767492.pngChalupa_Batman_1-1698806778037.png

@Sylvestor , are you @Grinch  ?

if you have multiple accounts, did you use Incognito mode to login to each account and make the change? Browser cache is a problem but Incognito mode (or different browsers) is the solution

Sylvestor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No, see my response. I took option 2 and activated online. 

Sylvestor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello fellow community members. 

FWIW!!!

@hTideGnow 

update credit card is always tricky and people got into problem all the time

Only tricky thing is.....the site seems to be lacking in having a common sense path to get there. There are 2 ways to go and correct one was found. 

@Chalupa_Batman 

@hTideGnow 

I would suggest waiting at least 1 hour and 15 minutes from the very last time you tried before trying again as the system may have locked you out.

1 hour or 75 minutes.....it worked 5 minutes later on all 3 accounts that I have. I don't have time for this type of an inconvenience of one of the most important parts of managing my account. 

@Chalupa_Batman 

Even wait till tomorrow morning since it's late.

Not here. Trick or treating just started!!!

Any ways bottom line. I took another option on activating the card by logging into my Visa account. Once activated the card update on Public Mobile worked!!! I don't mind self serve and I don't like to be one of those customers that has a self inflicted issue. I got the card today and changed it! But there needs be a logical lead to get there and a responsible error message. If PM rejects me...then the reject process should tell me why. But it's all fixed and thanks for your guidance. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That's actually a reasonable deduction. I've seen that with cards that the first transaction has to be the old insert and pin method. Then it will work as normal for online and tap.
It's a good question to ask those wanting to update their cards here. So how about it? Did you go and make a purchase that way?

hi @Grinch 

update credit card is always tricky and people got into problem all the time

But basically the credit card has the same postal code as before? (ie, same address?)

Grinch

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Grinch 

you probably went to the correct place, but just system problem

wait a full hour and try again

Also, try using Incognit/Private/Secret browser mode on your browser and hope it works

Gee......I went and edited the card number, date, and postal code. Like maybe?!?!?!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Grinch 

you probably went to the correct place, but just system problem

wait a full hour and try again

Also, try using Incognit/Private/Secret browser mode on your browser and hope it works

Need Help? Let's chat.