cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Voicemail

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I just want to use the automated voicemail greeting. The generic, you've reached mailbox # (your number) please leave a message at the tone..type thing.

What is the easiest quickest way to do that? I just went into my main menu options and to greetings but it isn't all too easy or logical a set up and it seems I had to record a voicemail greeting and when I tried to just out a system greeting it was still me saying my number.

There has to be an easier way to just do the automated voicemail greeting...no?

9 REPLIES 9

VanCity2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks so much 🙂

VanCity2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Amazing! Straight to the point and saved me an extra 30 minutes trying to figure out the dumb prompts! 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

Reset Voicemail Name:
choose menu 4,4,3,3

@JL9 wrote:

I just left dead air and that seemed to automatically give me the automated greeting, or at least one that will do for now.

Thanks for the assistance from all.

I mentioned in this in the first reply.  When initiating/calling into the voicemail account for the first time, the system forces the customer to record a greeting. It's good to know that trick of an empty greeting works regardelss of when you do that.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I just left dead air and that seemed to automatically give me the automated greeting, or at least one that will do for now.

Thanks for the assistance from all.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Meow_0-1647869102131.png

I did that but when I tried to listen to that playback it wasn't the typical generic automated message I'm used to. Going to call from another # to test it and if it worked great. If not, I'll go back in to tweak it to see if I have any further luck. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

Once in your voicemail options...(3) then (1) then (6) automated greeting.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@JL9 wrote:

I just want to use the automated voicemail greeting. The generic, you've reached mailbox # (your number) please leave a message at the tone..type thing.

What is the easiest quickest way to do that? I just went into my main menu options and to greetings but it isn't all too easy or logical a set up and it seems I had to record a voicemail greeting and when I tried to just out a system greeting it was still me saying my number.

There has to be an easier way to just do the automated voicemail greeting...no?

manage personal greetings, delete personal greeting

During the initital setup, I discovered if you recoded blank air as your greeting, the generic system greeting would be used instead as the system would consider the blank/empty greeting to be invalid. I suspect that having no greeting saved after deleting yours will accomplish the same.

Need Help? Let's chat.