cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock iPhone 7 from PM

Kiwi-Al
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was given an iPhone 7 and set it on PM. Thought it was unlocked because accepted PM sim. Now I’m in New Zealand and new Vodafone sim won’t work. Phone is locked to PM.

can I please have it unlocked?

20 REPLIES 20

Kiwi-Al

Thanks Phone unlocked.

Cheers

@Olive_Oyl wrote:

I appreciate your guidance in regards to “your theory” of etiquette...and do keep in mind that I did not just fall off of the turnip truck. If you look in the right corner, you will see that a post has been edited. That’s good enough for me. The reason why I quote some posts is  to ensure  that the original post remains as some members edit the original one to “look good”. 

@Olive_Oyl   Exactly, hence the reason for notation as "some" members do change wholesale their response.

An edit in the corner does not show exactly what has been changed, again, hence the reason to denote an edit.

I'm sure you're quite familiar with the forum (and didn't fall off any turnip truck)  or perhaps already post under another name? 

Olive_Oyl

I appreciate your guidance in regards to “your theory” of etiquette...and do keep in mind that I did not just fall off of the turnip truck. If you look in the right corner, you will see that a post has been edited. That’s good enough for me. The reason why I quote some posts is  to ensure  that the original post remains as some members edit the original one to “look good”. 

Olive_Oyl

@LoveNature wrote:

@Kiwi-Al wrote:

It shows locked and PM is the carrier 

@Kiwi-Al 

if you buy it from PM,send a private message to CS_Agent 

here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It does NOT matter if was bought at PM. 

If it was bought/sold from Telus, Koodo, or PM any one of the 3 will unlock it. It’s a big and wonderful family. 

@Olive_Oyl   Correct and I made my edit/correction a few minutes before your post noting this.

edit:  @Olive_Oyl   BTW, if you're going to make edits to your posts, please note with an edit and also as to what information you are changing, especially if new information is added.  Thanks.

Olive_Oyl

@dabr wrote:

@Kiwi-Al    So the phone was purchased from PM? 

PM doesn't lock phones they sell

Correct, but an iPhone 7 could have been purchased in a locked condition by Koodo or Telus.  And any Telus or Koodo Phone will work on PM. And any of the group of Telus, Koodo or PM is responsible to unlock if requested. 

so if the phone was purchased from another provider,

Read above!

you'll need to contact them for the unlock code or call Apple customer service directly

No, not correct to contact another provide and Apple won’t help as they have always sold their phones unlocked.

If you respond with help make sure it is help and not just racking up a bunch of replies for a community reward. 

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kiwi-Al 

are you buy it from public mobile ?

Kiwi-Al

thanks I’ll try that 

Olive_Oyl

@Kiwi-Al wrote:

I was given an iPhone 7 and set it on PM. Thought it was unlocked because accepted PM sim. Now I’m in New Zealand and new Vodafone sim won’t work. Phone is locked to PM.

can I please have it unlocked?

Go to settings, general, about and scroll down. In carrier lock....what does it say....if it is unlocked it will say “No SIM restrictions”   You will need to have the IMEI number and PM will unlock it. Contact a CSA. When CSA responds that the unlock is done....reboot your phone. 

Kiwi-Al

Ok I’ll try that

thanks

@Kiwi-Al  You mentioned phone was giving to you , so you don’t know for sure where iPhone comes from ? But if it was working on PM chances and no other carrier chances are it came from Telus new or Koodo … maybe try them or you can ask support here but I think it important to know for sure what carrier sold the phone originally in this case because as @dabr  mentioned PM doesn’t sell locked phones just unlocked 

edit support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Kiwi-Al

Yes I bought a Vodafone sim in New Zealand and phone won’t accept it. Settings say locked to PM carrier 

LoveNature

@Kiwi-Al wrote:

@Kiwi-Al 

if you buy it from PM,send a private message to CS_Agent 

here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kiwi-Al if you got the phone from PM (or even Koodo or Telus) originally , support can help to unlock 

open a ticket with PM Support using this direct link:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Kiwi-Al

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kiwi-Al  If the phone is locked it needs to be done by the carrier it came from 

LoveNature

Hi @Kiwi-Al 

To unlock from where you buy it contact them.. and what message is showing in your iphone 7.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kiwi-Al    So the phone was purchased from PM? 

PM doesn't lock phones they sell so if the phone was purchased from another provider, you'll need to contact them for the unlock code or call Apple customer service directly.

edit:  @Kiwi-Al  actually, if the phone was purchased previously from another carrier and locked, then you wouldn't have been able to activate and use it with PM unless it was originally from Koodo/Telus which would have allowed you to use it with PM service.  So you might need support if you're seeing it's locked to PM

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kiwi-Al  Public mobile won’t work in New Zealand  you need a local SIM card in your destination only works in Canada and US with add on 

Need Help? Let's chat.