cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block International Calls

LNRRG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know, in Telus an Koode we have the option to block all internationals junk calls.

Did Public have this option?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

@LNRRG wrote:

Not sure, PM was same price than Koodo and koodo have this option.

@LNRRG , I didn’t know you responded back to me! I didn’t get the tag that you did! Sorry.

Does Koodo Prepaid plans have rewards points, freebies of minutes & free data added now & then for the same price plans as Public Mobile? I don’t remember Koodo offering the same things for the same price when I was with Koodo! That’s what I meant. If Public Mobile offers more, added more features the same as other companies then the prices will increase here. If we want more than a low tier basic service provider we would need to switch to a higher 2nd or 1st tier service provider. Some of us have a long wish list of things we would like for Public Mobile to provide but some are basic simple requests like auto pay never failing, being charged correctly, no bugs in the site, rewards always being added correctly, better customer support & so on. 🤣

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@LNRRG   You're right Koodo has that option, however, I'm not sure that option is available on Koodo prepaid but I'm quite sure it's available to Koodo's postpaid customers.  However, if you can find similar priced plans with Koodo or any other carrier offering that service as well, then you should definitely go with them if this is an important feature for you.

@LNRRG wrote:

@LNRRG   but PM has a rewards to lower the price.  Not a lot, but that is the difference

LNRRG

@LNRRG wrote:

This solution was totally useless.

The number's of scam calls change all time.

Public Mobil, make your homework,

Take tke way of your two sisters Telus and Koodo

and make Call control option.

@LNRRG , I wish we had that option to but the more features / more offered means the more we will pay for our plans! 😞

LNRRG

The price was the same than Koodo.

This is not a big deal.

LNRRG

This solution was totally useless.

The number's of scam calls change all time.

Public Mobil, make your homework,

Take tke way of your two sisters Telus and Koodo

and make Call control option.

LNRRG

This solution is completly useless.

The fake numbers change after all call.

@LNRRG   PM is Tier3 provider, only provide basic service.  So, no fancy features like that.  

People joined PM for the price  🙂

LNRRG

No solution of Call control like Koodo or Telus?

It's wierd, beacuse all 3 compagnies was the same familly.

Capture d’écran 2023-02-10 134713.jpg

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

There is no global call blocking at PM.

You would have to block each number individually but it is waste of time as all those numbers are spoofed.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

When a call comes in, you can block that caller.

But there is no way to block numbers which are new to your device.

It’s best to just ignore and never answer them.

if the call was important enough to leave you a message, you can check it and deal with it then. If it’s not important enough to leave a message, it likely wasn’t an important call.

EDIT:

there is a way to allow only select calls to be received , but it’s a lot of work. You can add all known contacts to a preferred or favourite list and set your device to only receive calls and messages from a “favourite”  list through do not disturb features.

The downside to this option is any numbers outside this favourite list will not reach you if you want them to until you add that number to the favourite group.

Need Help? Let's chat.