cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States

Lori287
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I have the $25/mth plan and would like to know that if I purchase the talk US/Canada for $15/30 days and then purchase the roaming for the US will I be able to us my phone in the States?

10 REPLIES 10

Thanks @darlicious for clarifying 👍

@hTideGnow 

You can have multiple US roaming add ons. You just cannot have two that both have a talk feature as a glitch will cause the calls to drop at about 53 seconds. One smart customer staggers the call/text/data roaming add on with just the data roaming add on to bridge the 24 hour gap between purchasing the same add on and uses their voip app for calling/texting during that time.

@Meow 

Fongo uses 0.5mb per calling minute. (250mb=500min)

@Meow wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

Or, to save a little bit, you can just get the US data and then use TextNow to call US and Canada number using the app for free

Did you, or anybody else ever measured how much data is used for TextNow phone call or SMS?

I know Viber visual call ill eat about 250MB/hour.

Yes, visual calls could be a lot . 

But TextNow voice only call consumes around 0.3 to 0.5 mb/minute

@hTideGnow wrote:

Or, to save a little bit, you can just get the US data and then use TextNow to call US and Canada number using the app for free

Did you, or anybody else ever measured how much data is used for TextNow phone call or SMS?

I know Viber visual call ill eat about 250MB/hour.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can receive texts but for talk, data, and sending texts you will need a roaming add-on.

They expire 10 days after purchase.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

Lori287
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you so much for your help. Everybody gave me good answers.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Lori287 wrote:

If I have the $25/mth plan and would like to know that if I purchase the talk US/Canada for $15/30 days and then purchase the roaming for the US will I be able to us my phone in the States?

There is no $15/30 day plan for USA. If you mean to downgrade from $25 to $15, then "yes", any USA roaming add-on will still work.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lori287 : It's only roaming add-ons that will allow you to call in/out, text out, use cell internet. All other services are for while in Canada.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Lori287   I think all you need is one of the US roaming add-on

But pick careful, you cannot have multiple roaming plan.  You can have one at a time.  Maybe just the US talk if you just need talk and no data.  Or US bundle if you need talk and text and data

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lori287 

For US Roaming 10 day packages

Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20

Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15

Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8

Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8

U.S. Data Only 10 day packages

250MB = $10

500MB = $15

1GB = $20

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, when you visit US and then Purchase it,

how To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

Need Help? Let's chat.