cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unchanged speed in new plan

wendykcw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I updated my plan to 4G speed on February 3rd, but my phone still shows 3G speed and there has been no change.  What can I do?  Additionally, my account was charged the full price at $40 despite the fact that it should have been charged with $7 in rewards credit for each month.  Need help.....

7 REPLIES 7

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like an issue with your phone being set wrong, not the service. Go into your network settings on your phone and ensure it's set on automatic or 4G/LTE. My guess is you have it set to 3G.

wendykcw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes, I did.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Have a look in your network settings to make sure it's set to LTE or 4G. If you turn on cell data and it shows an H or 3G up top then you might be set on 3G. Or what make and model is the phone? Maybe it doesn't have the required 4G frequencies.

When you make a call, you might see 3G up top. But my phone bars just jump up, I don't see 3G up top. I would see UMTS down in the sim settings.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@wendykcw   first, login to My Account using Incognito mode to confirm plan was indeed changed

Next, go to your phone, check Preferred Network type or Network mode and make sure it is selected with Automatic or 4G (or LTE)  or an option that incluces 4G or LTE (something like 4G/3G/2G or  LTE/WCDMA/GSM)

see if it connects and shows LTE or 4G on your phone (please note 4G = LTE)

and you can download some app to check the speed, something like https://www.speedtest.net/apps

But please note each test will cost you as much as 500Mb or data

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It usually takes few days for 4G speed to get up to speed.

You should be on 4G right now. Check to see if you are forcing 3G instead of having it on Auto. 4G=LTE.

What your account says - what plan do you have right now?

Did you schedule change on next renewal or did you do change plan Now?

And based on that you have charged full amount it looks like you did change Now. Rewards will be continue to be applied on next renewals.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@wendykcw  Also try this make sure your plan is correct 

Try again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1676829167658.png

For most up to date account info

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@wendykcw  Did you change plan on renewal or immediately?

Need Help? Let's chat.