cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sign in to Public mobile account / will new phone activate automatically?

toast
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a new phone and I'm trying to switch my SIM card over to it, but I thought maybe I should check my Public Mobile account first. Well, I'm unable to sign in and I've been given the following error for the past hour or so:

"System error. Please try again."

Is there a system outage?

Also, will my account and SIM automatically register/activate with the new phone, or do I need to perform some sort of special action with my Public Mobile account? I bought a Samsung S22 from the store awhile back, if that makes any difference.

8 REPLIES 8

toast

Call forwarding when unanswered / unavailable. Is that what you mean by Conditional Forwarding? How long has this problem been going on? I need this to forward calls to my voicemail service (not PM's) 😕

EDIT: conditional forwarding seems to be working, but I have a separate issue, so I'll open a new topic instead.

@toast Calling forwarding all should work, but Conditional forwarding should still be broken.  Waiting for PM to fix

toast

I moved my SIM to my new phone and I'm able to call out but when I try to change settings like Call Forwarding I get an error: "Failed to read data: Something went wrong. Check your SIM card or network connection, then try again." Any ideas?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@toast 

All your account information is all in the SIM so it will work if you put the old SIM in the new Samsung S22 but you might have to remove the (standard or micro) spacer on the SIM to fit the nano size SIM tray.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@toast just move your old sim to the new phone, it will work

keep the new sim for future use, in case this old one fails one day, or give to freind

jessicadtoste
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Check if you need to make any updates on your phone

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@toast 

You should just be able to move the SIM card from  your old phone to new phone.  No special things needs to be done.  

As for your self service account, it can be finicky.  You should try again with a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Or try to login with a different device. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@toast , you can move the SIM card from phone to phone as much as you like without having to do anything in your online account.  As for the access problem, please try using incognito mode on the browser to see if that helps.  

Need Help? Let's chat.