cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send and receive texts on an unlimited plan

Robotz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since my data ran out I am unable to send and receive texts. My phone is set up to switch over to SMS messages if iMessage is not sending but nothing worked. The phone is useless when away from a wifi signal.
can anyone advise how to fix this?

9 REPLIES 9

@Robotz wrote:

I have send and receive set to phone number and email. Also I do have SMS on. But SMS did not work so once the data ran out no texting was possible. 

@Robotz 

Any issues with texts from Android users?

Maybe a simple reboot of phone or network reset of phone (this will erase any saved Wifi setting)

Might need to update your IOS. 

Robotz

I also tried doing that thinking it may switch it over to SMS but it didn’t work. 

Robotz

I did end up purchasing more data. But this is not really a data plan. This is a text and talk plan. Texting has never stopped working before I should still get SMA texts and I was not. 

Robotz

I have send and receive set to phone number and email. Also I do have SMS on. But SMS did not work so once the data ran out no texting was possible. 

Robotz

My plan is unlimited texts and unlimited incoming calls. No data. But with that plan I get a little data. Once that data ran out however I was unable to send or receive SMS texts. 
voice calls are working. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Do you mean you are on a plan with unlimited SMS texting or an unlimited data plan?  If it is unlimited data the throttling should still allow you to send iMessages.  Since you said the phone is useless away from wifi does that mean data is not working at all and neither are SMS messages?  Are voice calls working?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Robotz 

It is more an iPhone issue versus PM service problem.  iMessage needs Wifi or data. 

Make sure that with iMessage, you able to send/receive via both phone number and email.  Keep the Send as SMS option on.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Robotz 

because iMessage uses data or wifi

but you can click on the message and then select Send as SMS and it will send via regular text

Of course, your choice would be to buy more data or early renew your current plan.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Robotz 

Try going into your settings, then go to messages, and completely disable iMessage.

Need Help? Let's chat.