cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls, all incoming calls are going over to Voice mail

Vari75
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I am in BC , having trouble today  with network, not receiving any incoming calls . Kindly help . 

13 REPLIES 13

Vari75

I took the Sim out and inserted in another phone, requested my friend to call me, it worked yeah. Now I have the SIM back in original phone and everything worked fine. 👍

mobile6

I'm in the same boat as you.  In BC, not outgoing or incoming calls but texts and data works fine.  Have tried setting network settings, restarting phone, airplan mode on and off, taking sim out and putting it back in, taking sim out and trying it on another phone (no calls on that phone either).  

Spike77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I live in b c.  I just posted this today. So my daughter phone wouldn’t receive or call   iPhone 8 Texting worked. Tried everything. Reset update restore  nothing worked. Must have been SIM card issue. Took sim out then back in. Still not working. Took sim out put in my phone   Both on public mobile   It worked on mine   Put sim back in her phone and now all good.   Strange. But seen other posts that it worked.   Just thought I would share info. 👍

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Vari75    @bernhardt1    Have you tried moving the SIM to another phone and reboot and then back to your own phone as suggested by @Dunkman  and @Kamran1818 ?   

This seems to be an issue quite a few customers have been posting about over the last couple of days and some have posted that moving the SIM to another phone and back has resolved the issue for them.

@Vari75 

Just got response from PM management. No area wide interruptions.  PM teams will monitor. If the troubleshooting advice does not work, you will need to contact customer service agent.  

Kamran1818

I had the same issue. I removed my SIM card and put it in another cell phone and it worked. I switched it back and it's working now.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Vari75 wrote:

Hi, 

I am in BC , having trouble today  with network, not receiving any incoming calls . Kindly help . 

See if setting to 3g network helps.  The issue could be the handoff from LTE to 3g when you're called.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Have you checked for outages on the Telus network online? 

Vari75

@Dunkman solution didn't work as well. 😥

Vari75

Outgoing calls, data ,texts are working fine. Only incoming calls are going to voice mail directly,  not even showing on missed calls list. Very frustrating ~

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Vari75 

Seems like a problem in BC today but I have no issues.

Try @Dunkman suggestion by put your SIM in a different phone but remember to power off your phone before swapping the SIM.

bernhardt1

I'm in BC as well with the exact same problem. I can send text messages and make calls. But I can't receive texts and calls go straight to voicemail.

I've done all the troubleshooting I can find online. Hard restarted phone. Reset network settings. Etc. The only thing I haven't done is a factory reset.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Vari75 

Is your other services working?  Text? data? 

A few basic troubleshooting advice:

reboot phone

Network reset of phone

try your SIM card in another working phone.  Helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem. 

Need Help? Let's chat.