cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Macau (country code 853)

MMM3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wanted to call Macau (mobile and land line) and bought the add-on for it. It doesn't work! Contacted CS and the agent is very patient but still not able to make it work. At the end, I asked for a refund. Anyone here in the community who is able to call Macau and advise how? I want to see if it's the issue at Public Mobile or it's my phone. 

Note: The CS agent offered to escalate the case but said I need to be contacted to make test calls. Since I've tried so many times that I gave up on it and requested for refund. I'm more than happy to purchase the add-on again if Public Mobile can solve this issue later or someone here can confirm they can do it on their phone. Which means I'll need to change my phone. Otherwise, I may just need to switch phone carrier if this issue persists.

21 REPLIES 21

HI @MMM3   I think PM is going to the right direction.  Online support is ok, they just need to add the "Live" component here. Everyone comes here and ask for "Live person"  🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MMM3    Sounds similar to what Shaw offers.   First you interact with their online chatbot and if it's unable to help, then you get the chance to talk to a real person via the chat session.   I remember you have to verify the account first through a link before the live session will start.  It's definitely a much quicker way of getting an issue fixed than waiting for the CSA's which can take several hours of back and forth messages sometimes.

MMM3

You need to submit your question, then wait... they will send you a message to let you know if you qualify for a live chat session. If you do, then you can click the link in the message they sent you.

MMM3

Oh, so are you saying you can call Macau using freebie minutes? Even more strange if this is so.

Thanks @darlicious   

I remember one Oracle said the Chat bubble will come back end  of May or early June.  I guess this is the reason then.  When it comes back, probably is go live date for chat support. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

As you know I never use Simon so it's not an option that I will likely ever see  ...?🤖

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

As far as I know yes...likely an added service once pm returns to fully online only. They've been testing for awhile but this is the first customer confirming the service is active.

@darlicious wrote:

@hTideGnow 

Select customers when submitting a ticket via SIMon will be redirected to live chat for their support issue.

@darlicious   That is new to me too.  I just submitted a ticket via SIMon (you know he is my best friend 🤣), but he did not offer me that option  😞

HI@darlicious  is that new?  Sound good then.  I  guess it depends on the urgency of the ticket?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Select customers when submitting a ticket via SIMon will be redirected to live chat for their support issue.

There are many undocumented YMMV things with this provider. I don't know why I can call Macau. Again, I would highly doubt the phone has anything to do with it. I am only using freebie minutes from over the years.

HI @MMM3   So, they have live chat now and not just message back and forth?

MMM3

I've already asked for the refund so the "Taiwan/HK/Macau LD add on" no longer exists in my profile. I will be a while I'll want to try purchasing that again, already spent more than 30 mins with the CS agent on live chat yesterday. Did you buy this add on and have been using for a while now?

Except phone model, I can't think of other possible reasons if you can call Macau and I can't with the same "Taiwan/HK/Macau LD add on".

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Do tell the extras.....?😁

Could you provide an image of your overview page under my data & add-ons. Hong Kong and China were also in the freebie minutes.

I have tested all countries on the countries Public says we can call. I call things like hotels or McDonalds or something. I have also found a few extras. I don't think phone model comes into it.

MMM3

May I know what phone model do you use? Did you actually make the call and someone answering on the other side in Macau?

I can use the same phone (mine) to call Hong Kong, China no problem.

When I was live chatting with the CS agent, he confirmed me I purchased the add-on correctly.

MMM3

Yes. The CS agent on live chat confirmed I did everything right in purchasing the add on.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MMM3 just checking...is this the addon you see in your overview section?

esjliv_0-1654043948863.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MMM3 did you call by dialing 011853xxxxxxxx ?  

Yes, CS Agent usually will reverse the transaction and put the fund back in the account as Available Fund.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you actually see that you had fully bought the add-on? In my data & add-ons and payment history?

I can call Macau. 011853.... +853... should work just as well. If any other area codes have a zero in front then don't use it.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you add the funds to your account when purchasing the add on?  Does your account show you have the add on?

You would need to be patient for a moderator to try to resolve your issue. It would be unfortunate for you to have to change providers when there is probably a resolution for this. 
Hopefully it works out for you. Public offers many perks and great pricing! 😊

Need Help? Let's chat.