cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make or receive calls

Frankr647
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Purchased a $30.00 add on US roaming talk text and 3GB data ….I crossed the border on October 13th and returned on October 15th… I was able to text and had use of data but wasn’t able to make outgoing calls or receive incoming calls… this is a 15 day package and I was only in the US for 2 1/2 days the reason I purchased this add on was to make and receive calls to my Daughter which was at home… had I known that I couldn’t make calls I wouldn’t have purchased it…. I want a refund for this purchase 

4 REPLIES 4

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

If you just wanted to make calls there is a talk & text roaming add-on for $15 (no data). Best you can probably hope for is the difference between that and the $30 add-on with data that you purchased. Contact @CS_Agent directly to plead your case.

As for why it didn't work, you likely don't have a device that is compatible with VoLTE on PM's network. Unfortunately the US shut down their 3G network, so without this phone calls are problematic. Sometimes you can find a 2G T-Mobile signal, but failing that (and no VoLTE), calls won't work in the US. What phone are you using?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Since you're home now and dissatisfied with the add-on then the way to ask for any refund is by contacting support here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Frankr647 , what phone do you have?

did you try to connect to T-Mobile? if it is connecting T-Mobile without problem, change the network mode to 2G and test calling

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Frankr647 

Calls are usually tricky with roaming

Critical part to US roaming depends on T-Mobile/AT&T coverage and whether you can connect successfully onto either network.

Since you have data and text, let's check VoLTE or 2G for voice, make sure VoLTE is enabled on the device setting.  And if it does not work, try to change the Network to T-Mobile ONLY, and change  Preferred Network Type or Network Mode to 2G and see if the calls go through.
Also, you can download VoIP app TextNow as a workaround to make calls and text if you have Wifi or if your roaming has data component and data  is working

Need Help? Let's chat.