cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make and receive calls

Frank25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am traveling in Alaska. I have data, can send and receive texts but unable to make or receive calls. When I dial, the call is immediately terminated. Incoming calls go to voice mail which I am unable to access. 

5 REPLIES 5

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Frank25  You can check whether your phone is VoLTE approved in the list at the bottom of this link

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte 

As far as I know AT&T is the only option in Alaska and requires a VoLTE capable phone.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Frank25 it's likely to do with your phone not supporting VoLTE or not being on PM's whitelist of devices that are confirmed to have VoLTE. AT&T will not be an option for you for voice calling though it should be fine for text and data. If you can manually connect to T-Mobile's 2G then you can make/receive voice calls. The other option is to use apps with your data like WhatsApp, Textnow etc

HI @Frank25 

what phone do you have? AT&T needs a VoIP phone whitelisted by PM to have voice work (AT&A does not have 2G)

I think your data works. Download VoIP ap TextNow and use it to make calls 

Frank25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a subscription that includes us roaming, 15 GB data, unlimited calling.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Frank25 

did you just buy the 15 Day data roaming add-on when you shoulda got the 15 Day talk / text add-on ?

First, log in to your acct to make sure you bought the correct 15 Day US Roaming add-on.

ed

Need Help? Let's chat.