cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming not working

amauyeung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I bought the US roaming bundle. Verified that I purchased it. It shows up when I log into My Account. My phone settings have also been turned on to data roaming. I purchased the bundle for a 2 day US travel. I'm passing through NY, CT and MA and have had to chase WiFi, been unable to text and make calls. I'll be returning to Toronto tomorrow and would like a full refund. This has been a great disappointment. Please advise.

13 REPLIES 13

Samsialk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it is selected , I mean it shows on the top right corner automatically 

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

select TMOBILE 🙂

@Samsialk wrote:

I see Tmobile only , no At&T 

Samsialk

I see Tmobile only , no At&T 

Samsialk

Yes I see At&T

Roaming is also on

I purchased the 10 days talk only $8 tho 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Samsialk, is your phone able to see the local networks (AT&T)?  Do you have roaming data activated on your phone?  Hopefully the moderators will get back to you soon.

Samsialk

I have sent a message to moderator team yesterday, already in USA since Wednesday and havn't been able to use my roaming

This is very inconvinient 

amauyeung

Thanks for the information. I have PM the Moderator. Many thanks.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@amauyeung I'm not sure that you would get any, since the service did work when you made the required configuration change on your phone.  But if you wanted to ask about it, you could send an enquiry to the moderator team.  Please see below for more info on how to do that:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:00pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

amauyeung

wrote:

@CS_Agent is there any way to have this information (that manual network selection may be required) sent out automatically to customers when they purchase a US-roaming add on?  (Either via email or text.) 

For many of us, service "just works" on automatic, and neither myself nor my PM-customer travel companion have ever had an issue in well over a half-dozen uses, but for some it seems to be required to get service.  I think it would help reduce frustration and disappointment if this tip was shared up-front.  I hope you will seriously consider this.

I agree completely. Even having this placed as a note at the time of purchase so people have a few ideas on how to trouble shoot would have saved me a lot of hassle on this trip. I bought the bundle for a 2 day trip and was only able to use it for 1 days and 4 hours. What options are there for a partial refund?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CS_Agent is there any way to have this information (that manual network selection may be required) sent out automatically to customers when they purchase a US-roaming add on?  (Either via email or text.) 

For many of us, service "just works" on automatic, and neither myself nor my PM-customer travel companion have ever had an issue in well over a half-dozen uses, but for some it seems to be required to get service.  I think it would help reduce frustration and disappointment if this tip was shared up-front.  I hope you will seriously consider this.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

amauyeung

Thank you.  This worked!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@amauyeung, have you gone into your network settings and manually selected network.  You may need to select AT&T or T~Mobile

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amauyeung;  Sorry to hear of your roaming troubles.  The only way to ask for a refund (I don't know if it would be given) is to send a private message to the moderators team.

Click here to send them a private message.  Be sure to include your account number/phone number and account PIN.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.