Did you mean: 

Trying to understand my transactions...

Yummy
Mayor / Maire
Mar 15, 2021AutoPay Reward$2.00 $2.00
Mar 15, 2021250MB at 3G Speed/250Mo à la vitesse 3G $5.00$0.00
Mar 15, 202130-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$5.00
Mar 15, 2021Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$15.00 $15.00

So, plan is $15 province-wide. As per specs, with autopay I will get $2 off every month AND 250MB of data.

Looking at my transactions, is it possible to REMOVE 250MB and autopay so at the end I pay only $10 for phone/texting??? This breakdown is kind of confusing. Nobody ever said I have PAY for data; understanding is that data are 'bonus' when selecting autopay.

19 REPLIES 19

Ok. ok. But I am going to make a number of assumptions. 

1. Telus prepaid does charge for leakage. 

2. Telus will put in a free, no charge, data block in for you. 

3. I would assume PM has the same leakage issue. 

4. I would assume PM needs to bill it some how or write it off to keep their word for no extra charges. And a write off would be handled manually or with a special program to clean it up. 

5. I would assume most, but some do, would not complain about a tiny bit of leakage showing in their account against the bonus/free data. 

6. The way the $15 is advertised should be billed the same way as it shows and is so logical the way the old $15 plan was billed. 

@LurganIeUk 

The 250mb "autopay" data bonus is tied to the $15 plan is not for data leakage....there are no overages at pm is so the plan can only get data at "3G" speed otherwise they would have to offer full speed LTE if an add on was purchased like the old $10 50/50 plan. There is a method to their madness.

I see it boiling down to 2 things.

1. Sloppy and inconsistent definition of what the $5 pays for in the old $15 plan vs the new $15 plan. 

2. With no auto-pay and allegedly no data but you have data.....covers the Data leakage. 

The reason I cover leakage is because on our 2 ex Telus prepaid plans we never used data, never had our phones turned on for data, and did not buy a data add-on but we continued to pay a few cents and month for Data. I can see that has crept over to PM as well and the only  way to expense that data is by giving Bonus data???? I just recently had a no charge "Data Block" added to my mother in laws Telus prepaid. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk : I'm not arguing what it says. I'm stating what it does. If you turn off autopay, you still get the data. See your friend darlicious's post just prior. That was good info on the slight difference between the new $15 and old $15.

I think the going theory is that if one did not choose to turn off (edit: on) autopay that then one might think they would have no data and then one might think that one could get full 4G LTE add-ons. Not.

Ok. I see my error in using the word "Extra" vs the correct word of BONUS. So please tell me what I am missing. I see that if you have auto pay on the new $15 plan you will be given a BONUS of 250mb of data. And I interpret as data being wired to Auto-pay and not the plan. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 10.48.20 AM.png

@Yummy 

Having the 250MG DATA......$5.00 line in your transaction/payment history differentiates your $15 province-wide calling plan from the $15 canada-wide calling plan which lists 100 minutes......$5.00 in the payment history. It does now actually show that in the case of the $15 plan the autopay data bonus is actually tied to the plan not to being registered for autopay unlike all the other plans that have the 500mb data bonuses that are tied to being registered for autopay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk : So the marketing says. But it has been found that even without autopay, the data stays.

And nor is it "extra". That word implies other existing things. This plan only has the 250MB bucket. It could be extra from zero but that's not a good word for that. But what do I know. What am I, the grammar police. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

It shows just the one detail line like you have. It was 50 total minutes and 50 outgoing texts, unlimited incoming texts, no data.

The $15 plan is hard-coded to include the data. You can't escape it. You would lose the 2 bucks with autopay off though.

Let’s not confuse the new member to the community. The $15 plan is hard-coded to include the data.....is not really true to say. A bit of “extra” data IS hard coded to autopay....not the plan. 

Curious about that 'data leakage'... When I had plan with different company, little app I have on Android phone never reported not one byte used when data was off.

As I will be able to see actual data usage on my PM account it will be interested to confirm your statement.

BAD thing with smart phones is as as soon as you turn data on, few 'system' apps running in the background and you CANNOT turn them off will access Internet and waste your data.

If anybody has any Android app to freeze these system app until I really want to use them, I would appreciate advice. I am not willing to root my phone and am aware of few neat apps able to freeze system apps on rooted phone...

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy wrote:
Mar 15, 2021AutoPay Reward$2.00 $2.00
Mar 15, 2021250MB at 3G Speed/250Mo à la vitesse 3G $5.00$0.00
Mar 15, 202130-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$5.00
Mar 15, 2021Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$15.00 $15.00

So, plan is $15 province-wide. As per specs, with autopay I will get $2 off every month AND 250MB of data.

Looking at my transactions, is it possible to REMOVE 250MB and autopay so at the end I pay only $10 for phone/texting??? This breakdown is kind of confusing. Nobody ever said I have PAY for data; understanding is that data are 'bonus' when selecting autopay.

The $5 should be for the 100 province wide minutes.....same as the old $15 plan that the $5 refers to the 100 Canada wide minutes. This is going to be confusing to “free 250mb of data” showing as a $5 cost. Good question though. But because there is never any extra to pay.....the 250mb of data covers the data leakage that seems to happen even if your data is off permanently. Things are well thought out at PM but not communicated. 

@Yummy wrote:

Just curious, what were terms for 'old $10' plan?

I am not complaining regarding current $15 plan, just breakdown is confusing...

@Yummy 

I suspect the breakdown of talk(minutes) vs data is needed moreso for their own internal financial purposes of allocating monies toward each type of service.

All their recent plans have that type of breakdown.

It's kinda like the breakdown some internet/tv/phone providers do on their bills when they show each service as being an assigned price, but you can't get the individual service for that price either....

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

This is just part of history of Publicmobile, from the time when people were building their own plan, base was $10 to start with but it was never possible to have only base you had to pick from 3 groups, texting calling and data. People were also offered prebuilt plans but they had the same structure. After setting it couple of times you'll get used to it. I found it really strange to have debits on both sides (credits and debits) till i understood those are not from my point of view but from my plans points of view and my debits are my phone's credits, we are not one:o)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : The data is baked-in to the plan. They just say that. I think the theory is that then people wouldn't be able to get full 4G LTE with add-ons. But why wouldn't you want the free 2 bucks? It's not like not having the data without autopay would be any less cost. So yes, the payment history is confusing in that regard.

I agree that PM breakdown is very confusing.  It takes me sometime to understand mine (and I think I still don't understand really )

For the $15 plan.  Does it include the data with or without the autopay?  The wordings on the page is kinda confusing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It shows just the one detail line like you have. It was 50 total minutes and 50 outgoing texts, unlimited incoming texts, no data.

The $15 plan is hard-coded to include the data. You can't escape it. You would lose the 2 bucks with autopay off though.

Just curious, what were terms for 'old $10' plan?

I am not complaining regarding current $15 plan, just breakdown is confusing...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : Dream on! 🙂 10 bucks for 100 minutes out, unlimited in and unlimited text. Not gonna happen. That would be way superior to the old $10 plan.

It's just how they show the details of the plan. Curious that your autopay showed up after.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Same here... It looks like these 250MB are NOT 'bonus'. Autopay is set up by default when I joined. If I remove autopay I will lose $2 off/month but will 250MB AND $5 charge be removed too?????

Very confusing...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Yummy 

The billing breakdown is confusing. 

Unable to get a $10 plan (even if you remove autopay).  The cheapest plans presently $15 plan.  The bonus is the 250 mb data with autopay.  The breakdown just confuses things further.  

Need Help? Let's chat.