cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to transfer phone number

LeonaSharpe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm currently with a small company called Wightman. When I try to transfer the number to a new account with Public Mobile, there isn't an option in the dropdown menu for 'Wightman'. Is there any way that I can join PM with the same number? Thanks for any help!

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LeonaSharpe 

Welcome to Public Mobile! I guess appearance isn't everything then is it?

@LeonaSharpe 

Curious, which province Wightman provides service to? does it use Rogers network?

glad you happy with PM.

and gain, PM is self-serve for most support issue. But no worry, you have the whole Community to back you up   So, just come and ask question and you will get an answer in minute  🙂

LeonaSharpe

My friend, nothing could be further from the truth. Wightman provides substandard care by every metric, especially customer service. As for their cellular service, they can't process verification codes - you know, the four digit code that your bank or many other institutions often require for logging in - because they haven't been "certified" despite being in the business for years now. Also, my phone was unable to receive text message images except through data. Since switching over to PM, all this has been fixed.

So far, I have no complaints with PM customer service. The port took less than an hour. Wightman didn't send a text though, they called me which I was grateful for since it gave me the opportunity to remind them how horrible their service is.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LeonaSharpe 

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Interesting history of Wightman Telecom and it appears they have excellent customer service. Be prepared for your public mobile experience.....it's not for everyone. It is very much DIY service with the ability to manage most of your account services in your self serve account. But there are glitches and poor functionality at times. Please come to the community and ask plenty of questions first.....before you attempt anything you are unsure of as knowing the all of the tricks and tips of using your pm service saves a lot of time and frustration trying to fix a mistake after it's been made. And you may even earn some community points along the way!

I suspect your port may take a little longer than most but after you reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it your port will complete within a maximum of 2 hours. If it has not completed by then please come back and ask us for the telus porting department phone number to call and check on the status of your port. If you would like to share how long it took for your port to complete it would be helpful since this is the first time I have heard about Wightman.

@LeonaSharpe  Initial reply from support feels like the longest . But once you get a response any back and forth between the two of you is fairly quick and painless , and welcome to public mobile !

edit just be sure to keep an eye on the envelope top of page to the right 

LeonaSharpe

Thank you so much for your help! I've submitted a ticket as directed.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LeonaSharpe   first confirm if your account can be ported first

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

and make sure you account at that provider is still active.  Only active account can be ported

Once confirmed, what you need to do is to first activate an account with a new number, a temporary one.  

Once activated, and you confirmed that both incoming and outgoing calls work, then you will open ticket with PM support and ask for a manual porting help and they will process it for you

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LeonaSharpe  

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

Need Help? Let's chat.