cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling to Barbados

bvrinda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Community. I am travelling to Barbados for 2 weeks in April. I wanted to confirm if my current plan, $40 for 30 days will cover international roaming (call + text + data)? Is there anything I need to activate before I leave Canada?

7 REPLIES 7

Kaia2014
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I am curious what you ended up doing?  I am visiting Barbados later this year and am also looking for a solution.  

bvrinda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for this info. I will plan accordingly. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You will not have PM service once you leave Canada...your current plan only covers calls when the call originates in Canada. You could consider using a voip app such as TextNow which is useful as long as you have access to wifi. You'll be able to call anywhere in Canada or USA with TextNow.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No, your Plan it will not cover anything outside of Canada.

All Plan perks are active while you are in Canada. Only international coverage PM offers is for US as 10-day US add-on.

Barbados is not covered by any add-on, unfortunately.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@bvrinda 

I don't think that you'll be able to use your Public Mobile plan down there. No roaming down there.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bvrinda   PM does not provide any roaming other than US roaming.

So, NO, you won't have service in Barbados.  You have to rely on local data SIM and VoIP app to get connected

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@bvrinda 

Unfortunately, your PM plan will not work in Barbados.  Your services only work while in Canada.  Public mobile does offer 10 day roaming packages to the United States, but no services elsewhere.  Once option is to buy a local SIM in Barbados and use local services. 

Need Help? Let's chat.