cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred a phone for my aunt last week - she still can't receive calls

BarbaraP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got my aunt's previous number transferred to a cell plan for her so her friends could call the number she's had for the past forty years. The only problem is that her phone can only call out. Calls to her are still going to her old phone that is not longer working. 

Is it possible that the port only worked half way (call display shows her number when she calls out). 

13 REPLIES 13

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BarbaraP  Great to hear your aunt is not connected again  🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@BarbaraP  Happy you got it all sorted out 

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If the phone is not working then how is she receiving calls?  You obviously didn't port her number properly.

Alicia3

I had this same problem I had to call the other company and cancel the plan.. 

@BarbaraP wrote:

Thanks for the responses! The old phone/SIM are still with my aunt (she's in long term care) so I'll head over there tomorrow to see if I can get the process completed. 

@BarbaraP if you activated this account for your aunt and know the login details, account pin and everything, and the Bell account number, name and address on the account, you can submit a ticket through the link in my previous thread to get the port sorted out.

edit, yes, it is possible this is a Bell mobile actually, if she went from Bell landline to Bell cell previous to porting to public mobile. 

So, she does have the Bell SIM card still?

HI @BarbaraP   then make the call to the porting team when you see your anut.  Porting team can retrigger the process and you should get the text on the old carrier within an hour or two.  After you replied yes, you can put the PM sim card back to the phone, reboot every 30 mins and you should get incoming calls on the PM sim within another hour or so

BarbaraP

Thanks for the responses! The old phone/SIM are still with my aunt (she's in long term care) so I'll head over there tomorrow to see if I can get the process completed. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BarbaraP wrote:

I got my aunt's previous number transferred to a cell plan for her so her friends could call the number she's had for the past forty years. The only problem is that her phone can only call out. Calls to her are still going to her old phone that is not longer working. 

Is it possible that the port only worked half way (call display shows her number when she calls out). 

@BarbaraP  - 40 years, this must be a Bell Landline.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues after calling the Telus Porting Team number, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @BarbaraP  do you know if your aunt got a text from the old carrier and if she replied yes?  She had to reply yes for the porting to go through.  I suspect she missed that

You can check if the porting was done successfully by calling the Telus/PM porting team.  I can't post the number here but will message you the number. Please check your Community inbox

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @BarbaraP 

open ticket  here: Chatbot

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@BarbaraP 

Did you leave the old SIM in the phone and confirm you are porting over to PM within the 90 minute window?

This is the most important step to complete the porting process.

If you missed this step, you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you.

Create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of the page or private message on the envelope icon above.

The old SIM should still work in the meantime.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BarbaraP 

A very important part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@BarbaraP  Yes will send you port team number private message 

edit do you still have old SIM card that you ported out from ?

Need Help? Let's chat.