cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my number

mlfield
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please resend the request to transfer my number 236-xxx-xxxx to shaw.ca. I did not respond within the 90 minutes. Thank you

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman 

Can you please edit out the email as well that is farther along in the thread? Thx

@mlfield wrote:

Thanks for trying, Still confused. How do I get shaw to port the number to PM. They say I have to speak with PM who request the ported number. The Port Request must come from PM. Unfortunately when I signed up for my own account I used my wife's email address on my account by mistake. Dumb me. Can I change the email address associated with my account to my own instead of my wife's or is this impossible? She also needs to have her number ported.  I have all the info if you'll please accept it.  I've been trying to get this done for 3 hours this morning. 

Thanks for your help if you can help. Tell me what to do. I'll turn cartwheels to get this done. 

xxxxx

@mlfield - Hopefully, you got the port thing figured out by the number that was provided to you, or you managed to do it through your public mobile My Account.

The only way to change your email connected to your My Account is to have a CSA do it for you.

You can contact Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA), through private messaging/ticketing system, by either two methods found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

We are all customers and members like you here...This is a public forum, please edit your post to remove your personal information.

To edit it, hit the down arrow at top, right of your post.

But have you already tried? Calling the number won't work if you haven't tried.

@mlfield there is a number you can call and talk to live supoort.  Will send you via private message.  Please chexk Community inbox 

mlfield

Sorry, I want to port my number from Shaw to PM. Can you help me

You had said earlier that you were porting TO Shaw. Did you go through the steps of porting when you activated? If not then you can do that now in the change number function. If this is Shaw Mobile then put the sim back in a phone and confirm the transfer.

mlfield

Thanks for trying, Still confused. How do I get shaw to port the number to PM. They say I have to speak with PM who request the ported number. The Port Request must come from PM. Unfortunately when I signed up for my own account I used my wife's email address on my account by mistake. Dumb me. Can I change the email address associated with my account to my own instead of my wife's or is this impossible? She also needs to have her number ported.  I have all the info if you'll please accept it.  I've been trying to get this done for 3 hours this morning. 

Thanks for your help if you can help. Tell me what to do. I'll turn cartwheels to get this done. 

Fraser xxx xxxx@xxxx.net

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

@dust2dust wrote:

@Meow- One single two letter word swings this response and the solution seems to confirm it - "to" - they seem to be porting out. The support people here are not the ones to ask. Doesn't really matter now that a solution was chosen but for your records....

You are quite right. Read to fast... He is porting OUT of PM so Shaw has to resend request.

BOTH account have to be active; leave PM SIM in your phone.

REMOVE autopay (if any) and ask agent to delete credit card info from PM account (just in case to avoid accidental charges).

@Meow- One single two letter word swings this response and the solution seems to confirm it - "to" - they seem to be porting out. The support people here are not the ones to ask. Doesn't really matter now that a solution was chosen but for your records....

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Remove your phone number from public forum. Ask Other provider to resend port request.

Ask agent to resend request:

To contact CSA-agent, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The new provider are the ones to give you support. Make sure this account is active and to leave this sim in a phone to confirm.

Need Help? Let's chat.