Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The wait is OVER!!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Everything is new this morning!!

new plan : 5G and 4G , no worry, 3G plans, $25 and $15 are still there, they just hide it like before

new app: working now

new login: single login for My Account and My Account

eSim: yes, it is real

My Rewards site is gone and back as part of the My Account

looks like some changes on activation, too.  

Other observations:

Subscription (formally called Activation)

• $15 and $25 plan has to activated on app
  • save more with 90 days subscription s on ALL 5G plans and selected 4G plans

My Account: 

• transaction history, each renewal is back to a single entry and not two. GOOD
  • 2FA, now part of Eversafe for single sign-on , cannot be tuned off
  • Usage Filter removed the choice to filter by type, which is good, kind of a fix to the issue earlier.  Again, if you need to filter by type, download the full Excel file
  • BAD, VERY BAD: Mobile data add-on now has an expiry of 30 day!!

My Community

• Private message:  the envelope icon is gone on the mobile browser (phone)  Click on your avatar and select Message.  But no problem on desktop  (It is likley by design)

76 REPLIES 76

G_Pomzz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'll check when I get back to the city. Here at the lake the signal is weak. 

@G_Pomzz Yes it is... how much download speed you have? 

@on2wheels  the 3G plan are no longer hidden now, a good change back  🙂

JeffDoc71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree.  So many things have changed and many of them not for the better.

G_Pomzz

Isn't this 5G?

Screenshot_2023-06-06-03-56-56-799_com.wilysis.cellinfolite-edit.jpg

@DavidCooke no insider news.  But no reason it does not come soon. 

I think the system process for  switching from physical to eSIM is same as eSiM switch  And we already see people who has eSIM but cannot switch phone with a new sSIM, and they are upset.   Also,  Telus charges $5 for that, so it is profit generating.  I don't know what technical issues that blocking them but I think they will try to hammer that out soon..  Let's hope 

Dennis2109
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When they make it available for existing customers, I'm sure they will notify the customers. Many of us are waiting for that possibility. I have a business and a private number, so now I need two phones again 😞

It will come eventually though, but not yet. Which means it can be a while before they roll that out. Their mother company Telus, just like all other major wireless companies do have that possibility, so technically it's all there, but PM hasn't enrolled it yet for existing members. So sit tight (just like me!) and hope for the best.

Dennis2109

No, it will come eventually, but not yet. Which means it can be a while before they roll that out. Their mother company Telus, just like all other major wireless companies do have that possibility, so technically it's all there, but PM hasn't enrolled it yet for existing members. So sit tight (just like me!) and hope for the best.

DavidCooke

Any news on a eSim release date for existing public mobile customers?  Thank you

shankarb1985
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how do we know when esim is available for existing clients.. I have a new iphone from the US and I need esim

Typhon

Hey hey - what do you mean by old people ? 

thanks @computergeek541 for clarifying.  Just updated my initial post

@Pawprints1986 I found out later that web activation is still there.  But $15 and $25 plan cam only be activated on app

@Pawprints1986 

There is still an activation portal on the website.  It's in the Shop section and launched when a new customer selecrs the option to purchase a plan.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

"Subscription (formally called Activation)

• done solely on app, no more activation portal on browser"

This seems like a bad move... What about some older folks who are basic usage and don't care for an app? You know, the people who use the built in apps and functions but nothing else... And what about the few who do still use modern flip phones, where it's actually not possible to download an app? This leaves people out, that's not cool... 

Also wonder what the app might be doing in the background as the forced only option for new people. Data harvesting? I use browser shortcuts for most things, not gonna lie. 

@Stephannie   yes, the 3G plans are still there as confirmed by Community Manager:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/A-Different-Mobile-Experience-is-Here/m...

"Hey Everyone! We've noticed several inquires about 3G Plans missing. Confirming the 15$ & 25$ plans are still available. "

If you need to activate a 3G plan, you can only do so with the App.  Download PM app, create a new account, follow the steps and you will see $25 and $15 at the bottom of the plan selection:

3GPlans_Watermarked.jpg

hi @Stephannie the 3G plans are there just that Pm pushes more effort on the 4g and 5g plans.  When you activate using the app, you will see the two 3g plans

Stephannie

So reading your posting here you're saying that the 15 and the $25 plans are still available on the chat bot when I had asked the question of of the 3G network being available it said it was available up until the 24th of May and all the plans I can only see are for the five and four g network, do they still exist?

@on2wheels  PM has been hiding some plans on their website for some time.  Not sure the reason.  They have hidden some mid-range plans before , too.  So, the reason might not be just ignoring the budget plans

I hope they will start showing all the available plans soon

on2wheels

Now that I've had some time to figure things out this redesign is not easier for new customers.  I've referred someone a month ago and they signed up just fine, the site was easy to understand.  Now that the old 3G plans are hidden, all the budget conscious people I know who would be interested in moving here now have that little bit more confusion when signing up.  This wouldn't be an issue if there were equivalent 4G plans in plain sight on the Shop page but there aren't.

PM is not the same company it was when I signed up and that's disappointing.

@LitlLdy wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

Do we know if data add-on expiry applies to new purchases only? In other words, are the ones already on the account metered to the time they were bought / gifted, or are they lost at next renewal?

I guess I'll have that answer in something like 12 hours - my plan renews tonight.

@wetcoaster , please update us! I hate the thought of losing all the ones I was gifted for Holiday gifts!

Also, It seems really expensive for the ones that’s purchased to expire in 30 days! The more we lose here the less having an account here matters!

Edit: I won’t be purchasing any more add-ons! I can’t afford the loss of it not rolling over & having it expire!

Update, as promised: The existing data add-ons (one bought, one 2022 more-the-merrier gift) have carried over during renewal last night. Fingers crossed that it stays that way in future.

@fofoplitt it's 5G NSA, same as Telus. What's not real about it? The range is dependent on the operating frequency, not the technology.

There's a lot of n78 deployment these days and many phones are supporting it as well. Peak speeds are higher, but I do agree they're not needed by most people.

Maybe you're confusing 5G with mmWave, which we don't have in Canada.

Dennis2109

Glad to hear. At least that was not clear to me in the app or I misunderstood it. I took it as Canada add on because you use these minutes only in Canada calling to other counties. All cleared up!! Thanks so much.

@Dennis2109 wrote:

the other add-ons like long distance calls to other countries are also now only valid for 30 days. Doesn't make sense. I just bought the 1000 minutes call to USA which I never use up in one month. Now they expire in 30 days and I have to pay 15 cad every month for this add-on? Makes PM a lot less attractive and forces current customers to reconsider their options. 

@Dennis2109 

this part is untrue.

Only Data addon are now 30 days.  

All the Voice and Long distance addon are roll over.  The page said : 

CANADA ADD-ONS
Data add-ons expire after 30 days.

fofoplitt

That's not real 5G. Unless you live in a metropolitan area, 5G infrastructure has yet to catch up. 5G has a really short range. You need a lot of nodes(4 or more) to meet bandwidth demands. Many cellphone carriers in Canada and the US are using misleading tactics when it comes to 5G advertising. If you look at online maps, their very few spots where 5G has been rolled out. You also need the latest phones equipped with chipsets supporting 5G bands. If you do meet those two criteria, you may benefit from the "5G" plans. Else you are paying for 4G LTE speeds. I'm astonished there hasn't yet been a lawsuit regarding a false advertisement on 5G speeds.

Dennis2109

the other add-ons like long distance calls to other countries are also now only valid for 30 days. Doesn't make sense. I just bought the 1000 minutes call to USA which I never use up in one month. Now they expire in 30 days and I have to pay 15 cad every month for this add-on? Makes PM a lot less attractive and forces current customers to reconsider their options. 

Dennis2109

This is indeed terrible. My Rogers account expires in one month and I was fully on board to switch totally to PM. My family lives in Europe and the attracting part of PM is / was that add-ons like long distances calls roll over. At least I hope that stays with the add-ons that were already in my account. By needing these add-ons every month again, I rather stay with Rogers or another carrier, because it's getting expensive with PM then. I'm confused why that is..... 

Dennis2109

Do customers then first buy a regular sim and during the registration process opt in for eSim? Or how does that go for new customers? Maybe the steps can be clearly outlined in order to avoid confusion and a lot of people writing.

@sheytoon   honest, I love the change, too.  Single sign-on is the right direction.

But.. in this upgrade, we do see some people unable to link the community and my account together.  Will see how fast support can resolve all those issues

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Loving these changes!

@softech wrote:

@HALIMACS I think the envelope gone from mobile site is actually by design and not a gltich

@softech , add that it’s still here on iPad also! 🙂 It does seem odd not to see it on my iPhone thought but I never use it on my iPhone! I had to look anyway to see where it was!

Need Help? Let's chat.