Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Different Mobile Experience is Here!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community, 

Get ready to experience Public Mobile differently.  

As a digital-first brand, we’re passionate about bringing subscribers ultimate flexibility and convenience at their fingertips. With exciting new upgrades made to benefit valued customers like you, here are some of the features you can look forward to:

Reliable 5G Network

Now you can upgrade to 5G and access premium wireless service on our award-winning national network. 

Shop 5G subscriptions 

Subscription Plans

Canada’s First 5G Subscription Phone Plans.

Your music, your shows, your groceries – now your phone. Subscribe in minutes with eSIM, choose the plan that suits you, and pay the same every month.

Shop all subscription plans

All Access App

With the Public Mobile app, you’re in control. 

Conveniently manage your account and find online solutions anytime you need.

Download the app

Get Rewarded

Earn Public Points™ simply by being a subscriber.

Public PointsTM are the rewards you earn simply by being a subscriber. Use your points towards lowering your monthly payments, purchasing add-ons, and more.

More on rewards

Learn more about what’s new

Find answers to any questions you have about these new offerings and through My Account, or the Public Mobile app.

J_PM_0-1684923383429.png

230 REPLIES 230

@wetcoaster , does it make any difference when you use your browser in private / incognito mode? I haven’t tried the change plan on here or the app! I can see all pages fine though! I’m going to look at the app again!

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

am I the only one with super slow account loading? On desktop the change plan page doesn't load at all, payment page eventually populates with rewards but doesn't load plan details, so amount due is not available.

Added the app for my main account on my main phone - it seems counter intuitive that upcoming payment information would be under the rewards tap only. change plan not loading in the app either.

My renewal is tonight, so I really hope that I don't need to deal with hick-ups tomorrow morning!!

And no, it's not the connection - everything else, including my accounting software, which often loads a bit on the slow side, loads as usual or faster.

@Grinch ,

sign in using the email address & password you used to create your account. It asked me to change my password but I entered the same one!

I didn’t need to redo my Community settings!

When it sends you a confirmation text to sign in I select send again then it gives me option to receive it through email!

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LitlLdy 

I have the first iPad Air. I think it is now referred to iPad Air 1. Cannot do any sign ons. My iPhone xr and Mid 2010 iMac work fine so far. 

And actually that's ok. I was trying to step away from the community. And I either need a new iPad or a MacBook. Not sure if I want to loose the touch screen though. But can't see owning an iPhone, iMac and a MacBook. 

I don't like to admit I find the login to eversafe and the name, email, and password to be used is supposed to be what? What it all was before?....that's what I used. I hope I don't have a problem with my account that I use the ZTE box with as there is no texting for it. 

And do I have to redo all of my settings for the Community.....I am getting emails that I don't want?

@Grinch wrote:

Nothing works on iPad. Can’t log onto anything that is Public Mobile 😕 

App and website login goes blank. 

Using iPhone XR. 

@Grinch , that is very odd! I’m using my iPad with a browser in private / incognito mode which works great on here!

Grinch

Nothing works on iPad. Can’t log onto anything that is Public Mobile 😕 

App and website login goes blank. 

Using iPhone XR. 

@Grinch wrote:

looks good. A few new twists to learn. 
Won’t work on iPad Air. Disappointed. 

@Grinch , what won’t work in iPad Air?

Grinch

looks good. A few new twists to learn. 
Won’t work on iPad Air. Disappointed. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

I am now able to type & read on here without those annoying characters! 😁

@geogolem wrote:

Previously if the phone was lost or inaccessible you could log in and declare the phone as lost and/or change the sim card etc.

I love the fact that there is now just a single log on for public mobile account/community.. but if you have lost your phone or cannot use your phone it is impossible to sign into your account or the community since 2 factor authentication sends a text. Email used to be an option but doesn't appear to be anymore. What should we do if we don't have access to our phones to receive the text and need to log in to the account or community

@geogolem , you can still have it send to your email address. Just select send code again & it will give you the option to have it sent to your email address!

geogolem

Previously if the phone was lost or inaccessible you could log in and declare the phone as lost and/or change the sim card etc.

I love the fact that there is now just a single log on for public mobile account/community.. but if you have lost your phone or cannot use your phone it is impossible to sign into your account or the community since 2 factor authentication sends a text. Email used to be an option but doesn't appear to be anymore. What should we do if we don't have access to our phones to receive the text and need to log in to the account or community

@sobu wrote:

Hello, I was communicating with Customer agent through private message all day yesterday about my phone and now today this new Eversafe is added to Public mobile and all my messages are gone. What is going on here and can I get those messages back? 

@sobu, I am a Customer here, I do not work for Public Mobile. Please do not send me private messages to my community inbox!

You can post your questions here to other Customers on this public / open Forum & if we have the answer we will respond.

EdN

Thanks, can you tell us if all plans have unlimited data after the purchased data is exhausted?

sobu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I was communicating with Customer agent through private message all day yesterday about my phone and now today this new Eversafe is added to Public mobile and all my messages are gone. What is going on here and can I get those messages back? 

@J_PM wrote:

Hey Everyone! We've noticed several inquires about 3G Plans missing. Confirming the 15$ & 25$ plans are still available. 

@J_PM, none of us can see them on the Public Mobile Plans page so no way for a new Customer to sign up with them unless youre seeing something different?

Edit: New Customers can see & sign up for all the plans (including 3G Plans) using the Mobile App. They just can not on this Website!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Everyone! We've noticed several inquires about 3G Plans missing. Confirming the 15$ & 25$ plans are still available. 

jamiepm1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@J_PM wrote:

@LitlLdy our technical teams are working on correcting the symbols. Only happening on Mobile right now, desktop hasn't been impacted. 

@J_PM this is inaccurate the encoding issue is also happening on desktop in Safari:

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 10.03.27.png

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM, really?

IMG_0051.jpeg

HI @maximum_gato 

sorry, typo... of course it's GOOD  🙂

Kristowhy

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Kristowhy, well thats not a positive change! Thanks for sharing that! Im making a list of the negatives!

If this is truly the case and not a site typo, I bet the Xmas time bonus gifts are a thing of the past now too...  Rolling over of data add-on's was a key perk of being a PM customer.  What a shame.  

EdN

It may not matter too much if they give unlimited 512kbps data after your main bucket of data is used up.  Still waiting for clarification if that applies to all plans.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Good or gooey? I'm leaning towards the latter...😄😆😁

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @J_PM   so far things look good  🙂

@XionBunny wrote:

@LitlLdy you can disable auto pay, it's just not labeled as it was, it's now a subscribe toggle instead, I know it's confusing.

@XionBunny, ahh good to know! I dont have a payment card on my account anymore since they removed the option of being aloud to delete our payment card. I prefer paying on my bills without a permanently saved card!

@Kristowhy wrote:

So now the Canada data add-on's expire after 30 days of purchase???!!!

PMdataaddon.jpg

@Kristowhy, well thats not a positive change! Thanks for sharing that! Im making a list of the negatives!

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LitlLdy you can disable auto pay, it's just not labeled as it was, it's now a subscribe toggle instead, I know it's confusing.

@XionBunny wrote:

@maximum_gato Lucky for me I only have one account 🤣

@XionBunny, I think its great you are not responsible for taking care of anyone elses account for them. Some people need someone to manage theirs in order to have phone service !

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Canadaknows 

Nothing has changed in that regard. Plan details missing are just an oversight. All plans come with international text messaging.

Kristowhy

So now the Canada data add-on's expire after 30 days of purchase???!!!

PMdataaddon.jpg

@maximum_gato wrote:

@LitlLdy 

Yes....I don't even want to think about that issue for the accounts that are currently suspended. 611 and vouchers will be necessary for many customers not just me.

@maximum_gato, yup will be me also at musk bird! Unless I get to fed up here!

Need Help? Let's chat.