cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The PM App

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Did PM announce the launching of the PM app in the community? If yes, I certainly missed it. I could install it to find its pros & cons, but can someone, who has used it, shed some light on its benefits for the existing users? 

The Android app: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=public+mobile+app&c=apps&hl=en

17 REPLIES 17

Th3Gassman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I toggled back and forth between app and website on laptop for about 12 passwords attempts. Locked out 3 or 4 times.

It seemed like I was unable to ask for support (with log in) unless I was already logged in.

Th3Gassman

I was unable to message anyone for support, because I was locked out. Then I'd wait and be still unable to log in. Thus I was unable to ask for help.

Sigh ... Luckily I figured out out by going slowly and questioning every step.

@Th3Gassman wrote:

Weird problem I was having yesterday with:

• Hadda choose a new password
  • Then I got locked out
  • Then I had NO way to ask for support, since the login/reset process has some tricky glitches that made me reset over and over, and got me locked out repeatedly

It's not great ...

You are specifically talking about the App right? @Th3Gassman 

Once my device remembers the password, I don't even choose log in, it just logs in once I open it and wait. But there is some set up issues for some in the beginning I believe.

Chatbot is bad right now, you can alway message customer support by going to your envelope and enter CS_Agent in the SEND TO field for a private message to them.

here is the link also: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

edit to add tag "Th2Gassman"

@Th3Gassman   was it on the app or on the browser?

did you try the other way?

Please note it is a one hour lock.  Wait the full hour before you try again

If you are unable to use Forgot Password to reset the password, please message support for help :

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Th3Gassman

Weird problem I was having yesterday with:

• Hadda choose a new password
  • Then I got locked out
  • Then I had NO way to ask for support, since the login/reset process has some tricky glitches that made me reset over and over, and got me locked out repeatedly

It's not great ...

shabby

I just timed the login process, which logs you out every day, it took 45 seconds to open the app, login with a fingerprint saved password and finish loading all parts of the app.... 45 seconds?! This app was written by someone from grade school.

hi @Anonymous yes, many had same issue 

please submit ticket with agent to fix it 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Anonymous  I didn’t no and no the new community name shouldn’t make any difference , but PM is aware and working on it 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow  @Handy1  @shabby 
Finally, I installed the app considering that it provided the benefit of a single-sign in for Account, Rewards and Community. In the process, though, I had to select a new Community Nickname (as it denied me choosing my old Nickname of sa7375). I'll appreciate your answering the following two questions: 

1. Did you face any such challenge?

2. Does change of the Community Nickname matter at all? 

hi @sa7375 

1.No

2. YES

3. yes

@sa7375  Yes yes and yes 

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@shabby @hTideGnow @Th3Gassman @Handy1   A few questions, and a reply of simple 'Yes' or 'No' would be OK.

1. Is it any faster than the standard browser access?

2. Does it offer 'Account and Usage' details?

3. Does it offer access to 'Rewards'?

shabby

When you login it takes you to the eversafe website, the login system is not through the app, i haven't seen any popular apps logging in like this, rookie coding imo.

What about the constant loading screens after you login and the app logging you out everyday, that doesn't bother you?

hi @shabby not agree.

the worst app just call the mobile site.  This app is not calling the mobile site 

shabby

I find the app sub par, its basically a copy of their website at best.

It constantly logs you out, imagine if the netflix/instagram app logged you out every day? People would go nuts.

Loading takes a while, there's like 3 or 4 loading screens before you can see anything 😵

Th3Gassman

I got an email about it. Welcome to Different was the subject line. It went to spam, but I found it and marked it important.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@sa7375  I hear rumours of it a few days before it actually launched here in community ,, but after parting with it for a bit they seems to have fixed the cache issues of logging in …. But over all I’d say it a big improvement and I’m liking the new layout 

Need Help? Let's chat.