cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk and Data not working

Jassy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When a local phone tries to call my phone they get the following prompt 

sorry phone cannot be completed. plan does not included US roaming plan. Please visit publicmobile.ca. Sorry the customer you are trying to reach is unavailable. Please call again later.

When I try to call a local number, I get the following prompt

Hi, Public Mobile here. Sorry your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try your call again. 

4 REPLIES 4

Jassy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, thanks for helping - really appreciated.  I thought the issue was resolved but still not working.  I thought it was only because my credit card was expired that my phone was not working. But i have since entered the new information renewal card and still I am getting no data. I followed the steps on the chat bot,

settings, cellular, cellular data network and confirmed is written in the APN box. the other steps below i cant enter in iphone iOS ( MMSC and MMS Proxy)

because the issue is still not resolved and i tried to use data again on Wednesday July 5, I found a message that said no cellular data.  then i did the other step chatbot told me  

Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings, 

but still no data working. i submitted new ticket today. this is almost 1 month i noticed that data is not working on my phone.  

@Brilliance- Set the phone to manual networks and choose Public or Telus. Problem solved. It then only becomes a problem if one wants to actually be in the states and buy add-ons.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jassy  Dail 611 or log into your account . Is it active or suspended / on hold . This could be a indication you need to make payment 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jassy 

The roaming recording is likely a wrong one, however, with that recording, it could indicate your account is suspended.  Please login My Account once more using Incognito mode and confirm your account status

If status shows Suspended, make a payment to resume service

If it shows Active,  try to reboot your phone and click  Reset All Networks (Please note that will delete your saved Wifi as well, but you can easily add it back after)

If that still does not work, please message support for further investigation

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.