cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm unable to switch to the new $15 plan

Tanjay12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am currently on the onld $15 plan, that is 100 mins of talk, and unlimimted text and 250mb of data. There is a new $15 plan of unlimited talk and text which I'd like to switch to and save the hassle of switching to the no name phone, bbut when I go to the change plan section it only has up to the $19 dollar plan, and not the new $15 plan. What can I do? 

8 REPLIES 8

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tanjay12 

first ignore the post about minutes addon has expiry, that was a wrong comment.  All Minute addon has NO expiry.  So, if you don't use up 500 mins a month, your cost is less $20/month

and the $19 plan, no need to go no name,  PM has it already and you don't have to go elsewhere.  You can change to $19 for 1GB and unlimited talk here. Just go to My Account and change to $19 plan 

Tanjay12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well I wouldn't say it's a good investment when in the end you'd be paying $20 a month to have 600minutes of talking, when for $19 with no name you can have unlimited calls and 1gb of data. 

slusagm

@EB0 wrote:

@SeniorCitizen 

All add-on data/minutes expires in 30 days.

no, minutes addon has no time limit

only data addon as a 30 days limit.  So, buying the $5 500 Canada minutes is a good investment

AK32

the newer $15 plan is offered only to new customers, however, if you send a message to a customer support agent and ask for them to change it for you, they may do it as a gesture of goodwill.   I was told they can change plans to a new activation plan only if it is equal or more than your current plan (I personally have done this), so you should be eligible but you will have to message them to do it for you.  Hope this helps!

EB0

@SeniorCitizen 

All add-on data/minutes expires in 30 days.

SeniorCitizen

But no data.  Have you considered buying $5 - 500 minute Canada Wide minutes? They don’t expire until they are all used up. Have you looked at what your out bound needs are? 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tanjay12 

You can get the $100/year plan for 400 minutes of talk and 400 text from Telus but if you use the promo code. You will receive unlimited calling and texting for 2 years. That works out to be $8.33/month.

@Tanjay12 wrote:

Hello, I am currently on the onld $15 plan, that is 100 mins of talk, and unlimimted text and 250mb of data. There is a new $15 plan of unlimited talk and text which I'd like to switch to and save the hassle of switching to the no name phone, bbut when I go to the change plan section it only has up to the $19 dollar plan, and not the new $15 plan. What can I do? 

Sorry, but that $15 plan is only for newly activating customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.