Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan

Jnetfisher1212
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I use my plan in Australia? 

6 REPLIES 6

@dust2dust  Same deal as TextNow for short codes: "Receiving verification (short-code) text messages requires an Unlimited Texting or Fongo Plus add-on." But it's  cheap if you really need it just while travelling. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite- Does Fongo (for free) receive the 2fa codes? Textnow does not. It's a bit of negative to me that it doesn't. But nor am I willing to pay a monthly fee. I could probably pay a one time fee like other apps but not monthly.

@Luddite I don't even know the VM forward email service.  But you can listen the VM on the app, good enough for me.  But voice quality and connection is very bad with Fongo.  Sometimes I dial a number, it is not connecting for minutes.. or I even give up, them magically it connects like 10 mins later!!! TextNow call quality is much better and more reliable 

@hairbag1  I'm sticking with Fongo because I love the forward voicemail to email service; especially when I'm outside Canada. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jnetfisher1212 

will you have ready access to wifi while in Austrailia ? If so, consider downloading the free voip app TextNow to your phone. You'll select a free Cdn number so others can call / text you AND you'll be able to call / text most any Cdn and US number for free....all while using your wifi or separately purchased data. Theres other free voip apps out there too, but I've used TextNow for several trips and seems to work great.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jnetfisher1212 NO, you cannot.

PM has only roaming service in US and nowhere else

you need to rely on local prepaid SIM or travel eSIM

Need Help? Let's chat.