cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from 5G plan to 4G

Lorraine8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I try to switch from my 5g plan to a 4G plan the only available plans that come up are 5G and 3G. Why is that?

11 REPLIES 11

@BilltyLam I'm not sure who "we" is. The OP wanted access to a 4G plan as an existing customer, which is now possible.

You've bumped and hijacked this month old thread, but I'm still not clear on your objective. What specifically do you want? There are ways to save money. So what is it that you want that you can't access?

BilltyLam

I think you are not at the same page, please search the similar topic "Switching from 5G plan to 4G" item, WE are talking how to save the money, not the DATA speed, please read it detail for what people ask for! Please

@BilltyLam People get way too caught up in the marketing of 4G and 5G. Regardless of the plan your on, you can access the 3G, 4G, and 5G networks. The only difference is that your plan will dictate your max throttled speed of 3Mbps, 100Mbps, or 250Mbps. And in 99.99% of everyday use scenarios on a smartphone, the 4G speed of 100Mbps is more than enough. And like I said, you can still access the 5G network on a 4G plan.

Back to my original point, pick the plan that has the data allotment that works for your needs, and don't buy into the marketing of 4G or 5G.

BilltyLam

That's the point, 4G in $29, but the 5G is $34, so PM don't want you to downgrade it, they have $5 different.

@BilltyLam The 5G plans are very inexpensive now.

In any case, the $29 4G plan now available to existing customers as of a few days ago.

1000012003.png

BilltyLam

@denny/Maire, You don't understand, because 4G plan is cheaper, but PM not allow us to switch,.I guess if we upgrade to an expense plan will be no problem, is not the issue of 3G, 4G or 5G, it is money issue.

Lorraine8

That's what it seemed like to me but I couldn't quite believe it - not fair!!

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@Lorraine8 I wouldn't worry about whether it's 4G; just get a plan that has an appropriate data allotment for your needs. If the price is right, it shouldn't matter. You can still use a 5G plan on a 4G phone, if that's your concern.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lorraine8  My guess is the only 4G plan right now is a new activation only plan . And you are existing customer so it will only display the plans that are available for existing customers 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lorraine8 

that's because the only currently available 4G plans are for new accounts...not existing.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

That's odd. However there are only 2 showing right now on the website.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1708818818882.png

Probably because they are for NEW customers and won't show under the phone app. However they should show on the website. You may need to clear your cache and restart your browser. But right now Public Mobile is pushing 5G plans HARD!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.