cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to $34 can/us plan but no service/data when in US

Big_ma413
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anybody know why this is ? 
Funny thing is I switched to the same plan on my wife’s phone and hers work just fine 

Also I don’t think it’s anything to do with my iPhone setting since I had the $39 can/us plan before and it worked just fine in the US 

Anybody else experience this ? 

thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Phil_Adelphus That is true and I was going to bring that up but it's probably a good idea to avoid Verizon until we know more about if/how/where it works.

I’ll have to check when I cross again next week. But yes i def have the right plan. It’s the us/can promo offered during May - first of its kind and quickly jumped on it. Anyways thanks for the advice 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Big_ma413  Is it working now?  If not, one thing to check is that you got the right $34 plan because now there are two, one is Canada-US and the other is Canada only.  From what I've read you may need to keep data roaming turned on even for voice calls to enable VoLTE when roaming, so safest just to leave it on anyway.  @golfball  Verizon is now listed as a PM roaming partner but I don't know that anyone has confirmed that it actually works.

golfball

@Big_ma413 wrote:

I didn't check specifically 

But does data roaming affect your ability to make phone calls in the US as well (or just the ability to use data in the US). I remember i wasn't even able to make phone calls as the signal bar was "SOS" 

Thanks 

SOS sounds like you may have needed to try manually connect to the network. Data roaming shouldn't affect calls but SOS only appears when you don't currently have service.

@Big_ma413  Set your phone to 4G/LTE and not 5G and try again to make phone calls . And as noted earlier make sure your connected to T mobile or AT&T 

Big_ma413
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't check specifically 

But does data roaming affect your ability to make phone calls in the US as well (or just the ability to use data in the US). I remember i wasn't even able to make phone calls as the signal bar was "SOS" 

Thanks 

golfball

Have you enabled data roaming? What network is your phone connecting to if any? Verizon is not a roaming partner of Public Mobile so you will have to manually select AT&T or T-Mobile if it hasn't connected automatically.

These settings are found under "Cellular" in the Settings app.

Need Help? Let's chat.